Monsters Complete Weekend Sweep of Wolves with 3-1 Win
CHICAGO - The Cleveland Monsters beat the Chicago Wolves 3-1 on Saturday evening at Triphahn Center Ice Arena. With the win, the Monsters are now 4-3-1-0 and are currently in fourth place in the AHL's Central Division standings.
Cleveland once again struck first courtesy of a tally from Adam Helewka at 10:57 of the opening period off feeds from Trey Fix-Wolanksy and Andrew Peeke. The Monsters doubled the score after Dillon Simpson notched a tally at 12:40 assisted by Tyler Angle and Gavin Bayreuther to take the 2-0 lead into the first intermission. Chicago cut the score to 2-1 with the lone goal of the middle frame at 17:44 from Dominik Bokk. Cleveland added an insurance goal in the final period after Angle converted on a power-play opportunity at 4:24 assisted by Cliff Pu securing the 3-1 win.
Cleveland's Matiss Kivlenieks made 42 saves in victory while Chicago's Beck Warm stopped 31 shots in defeat.
The Monsters travel to Rochester for a matchup with the Americans next Friday, March 12, with a 6:05 p.m. puck drop at Blue Cross Arena. Follow the games with full coverage on FOX Sports 1350AM 'The Gambler', AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Stay up to date on all Monsters news with the Monsters Mobile App presented by University Hospitals available to download at the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
1st 2nd 3rd OT SO Final
CLE 2 0 1 - - 3
CHI 0 1 0 - - 1
Shots PP PK PIM
CLE 34 1/3 2/2 4 min / 2 inf
CHI 43 0/2 2/3 6 min / 3 inf
Goaltender Outcome Saves GA Record
CLE Kivlenieks W 42 1 3-0-0
CHI Warm L 31 3 4-1-0
Cleveland Record: 4-3-1-0, 4th Central Division
Chicago Record: 8-2-0-1, 1st Central Division
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2021
- Colorado Tripped up by Silver Knights, 4-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Wins Sixth in a Row, Defeat Colorado 4-1 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Devils Lose Lead in 6-3 Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Crunch Defeated by Amerks, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Dea's Three-Point Night Propels Amerks to 4-2 Win in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Comes up Short in 3-2 Loss at Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Welcome Fans Back to Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Top Belleville, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Forward Jayson Megna Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Wolves Can't Solve Kivlenieks - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Complete Weekend Sweep of Wolves with 3-1 Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Late Scores Push Stockton Win Streak to Five - Stockton Heat
- Flurry to Start Second Period Leads Bears Past Phantoms, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Bears Snag First Win in Rivalry Series - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Aim for Fifth-Straight Win Saturday against Toronto - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Drop First of Back-To-Back against Stockton - Toronto Marlies
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs Moose March 6th - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Host Wild for Two-Game Weekend Set at BMO Harris Bank Center Starting Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- San Jose Ends Home Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Five Straight Topple Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game #10 Texas at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hat Trick from Gage Quinney Leads Silver Knights to 4-2 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Blue Jackets Reassign Three Players to Taxi Squad from Cleveland
- Monsters Set New Franchise Record with 9-2 Victory over Amerks
- Blue Jackets Reassign Defensemen Bayreuther, Peeke to Taxi Squad
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Liam Foudy to Monsters
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes