Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors
Heading out of conference, the Kalamazoo Wings will host the Bakersfield Condors at Wings Stadium. Today will mark the first-time that the K-Wings will play a regular season contest against a team from the Western Conference.
Winning their first overtime game of the season last night, the K-Wings have now won three straight games. With 42 points, Kalamazoo is in fourth place in the North Division, six points behind the Fort Wayne Komets and the Toledo Walleye for second.
This afternoon is the six game of a season-long seven-game road swing for the Condors. So far, Bakersfield is 1-3-1-0 during the trip. After today, the Condors will conclude the road trip on Wednesday against the Las Vegas Wranglers.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Bakersfield Condors
Goals: Aaron Clarke, Nick Sirota (14 Goals) Peter Boyd (13 Goals)
Assists: Sam Ftorek (22 Assists) Francis Verreault (22 Assists)
Points: Aaron Clarke, Eric Kattelus (32 Points) Francis Verrealut (33 Points)
+/-: Darren Archibald, Francis Verrealut (+4)
Alexandre Grenier (+6) ,
Penalty Minutes: Harry Young (43 Minutes) Brett Lyon (108 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Eric Kattelus (5 Goals) Peter Boyd (5 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Dustin Cloutier, Eric Kattelus, Nicholas Tremblay (2 Goals)
Nick Sirota (1 Goal)
Game Winning Goals: Aaron Clarke (3 GW) Kyle Haines, Jacob Lagace (2 GW)
Shots: Nick Sirota (110 Shots) Francis Verrealut (111 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Eric Kattelus (17.3%) Nicholas Tremblay (21.4%)
Overtime Goals: Yann Sauve (1 Goal) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Shootout Goals: Kory Karlander, Eric Kattelus (2 Goals) Peter Boyd (5 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: John Armstrong, Michael Davies Deron Cousens, Daniel Koger (100%)
Sam Ftorek (100%)
Goals Against Average: Joel Martin (2.66) Scott Greenham (3.39)
Save Percentage: Joel Martin (0.918) Scott Greenham (0.906)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: All-Time Series is Tied: 0-0-0-0
Season Series: First Meeting of the Season: 0-0-0-0
Last Meeting: First-Ever Meeting
Next Meeting: Last Meeting of the Regular Season
Nearing a Milestone Forward Brett Lysak is closing in a personal milestone. Lysak needs one more point to reach 400 for his career.
Power Surge Defenseman Sam Ftorek has lit the lamp four times this season. All four of Ftorek's goals have come on the power-play.
Good Things Come in Threes
Kalamazoo enters this afternoon on a three-game winning streak. The three-game streak is one game shy of the K-Wings season-high of four game set October 19th-October 27th.
A Rare Thing
Today's contest versus Bakersfield is the first regular season contest against a Western Conference opponent since joining the ECHL for Kalamazoo. The K-Wings have played a team in the Western Conference in the preseason and in the playoffs; in both occasions the Alaska Aces.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling stopping by the Wings Stadium Ticket Office or at any Ticketmaster location.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com. The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
Join special guests Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno on Monday, February 11th for the next edition of "K-Wings Live". The show is on WZUU (92.5 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-7 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (92.5 FM WZUU & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 20 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Wednesday, January 30th Vs Fort Wayne 7:00 PM (Red Solo Cup Night, Presented by WNWN)
Friday, February 1st @ Fort Wayne 8:00 PM
Saturday, February 2nd Vs Wheeling 7:30 PM (WRKR Mardi Gras Night)
Wednesday, February 6th Vs Evansville 7:00 PM ($5 Pack the House Night)
Friday, February 8th @ Elmira 7:05 PM
Saturday, February 9th @ Trenton 7:05 PM
Sunday, February 10th @ Reading 4:05 PM
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.