Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers
Reading, Pa. - The Las Vegas Wranglers fell 4-1 to the Reading Royals this afternoon, dropping both road contests to the top-ranked team in the east.
Wranglers goaltender Joe Fallon and Royals goaltender Drew MacIntyre held the first period scoreless as both teams got 10 shots on goal. The first goal of the game came just 1:13 into the second as Wranglers right wing Sean Wiles scored to give Las Vegas the 1-0 lead.
Reading was quick to respond to the deficit as Royals forward Ethan Cox leveled the score six minutes later. Two power play goals from Royals defenseman Adam Comrie and forward Stanislav Galiev in a span of five minutes put the Wranglers down 3-1, and a final third period goal from Royals forward Nikita Kashirsky gave Reading their 30th win of the season with a final score of 4-1. The Royals won 4-2 over the Wranglers on Saturday night.
The Wranglers start a four-game home stretch on Wednesday, Jan. 30, against the Bakersfield Condors. The team plays the Alaska Aces on Friday, Feb. 1, at 7:05 p.m. with a post-game concert by alt-country legend Todd Snider, and hosts "Heroes Night" with a special appearance by Iron Man on Saturday, Feb. 2. For "Over 18 Night" on Monday, Feb. 4, at 9:05 p.m., the Wranglers will make history as the world's first topless pro hockey team.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, group events are available at all home games, including pre-game ice skating parties, private luxury suites, and rink-side catered party boxes. Groups of ten or more can sit together starting at $13 per ticket, and feature perks such as in-game group recognition and "buy one, get one free" Chuck-A-Puck vouchers. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK. The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1