Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20)
January 18, 2013 - Trenton jumped out to a 4-1 lead near the end of the first period. The Titans then had to fight off two furious Elmira rallies, eventually pulling out a wild, 8-5 shootout over the Jackals on the road.
Meeting #10 between the two Atlantic Division foes will have to wait a few weeks, when Elmira comes back to Trenton for the first time since December 19th. The Jackals will play two straight at the Sun National Bank Center, Monday February 18th (1:00 pm) and Friday February 22nd (Game #11, 7:05).
Streaks (Last 10)
Elmira: 1-0 (6-3-1); Trenton: 0-1 (3-6-0-1)
Elmira: 12-7-1-1 Home (4-4-1-1 last 10 at Home); Trenton: 6-9-2-2 Road (3-4-2-1 last 10 on Road, 2-2 at Elmira).
Tell Your Stats To Shut Up
Trenton has more games with ELM (8) than any other team but Reading (11). However it is against the Jackals that they have scored (32) and given up (36) the most goals. The special teams numbers are highest with Elmira as well, as the Titans have their best PP (10-for-38, 26.3%) and worst PK (27-for-35, 77.1%) numbers versus one team in Elmira (min 5 games).
DID YOU KNOW?
Titans Head Coach Vince Williams was part of Orlando's IHL championship team in 2001, but never saw a banner raised as the league folded at the end of the season. He will get to see that banner when the Titans play in Orlando for the first time on February 2. Trenton beat the Solar Bears at home, 5-1, in the first ever meeting between the two on December 16.
Can't Say I Didn't Warn You
Be prepared to stay the full 60 (and then some) when Trenton and Elmira face off
We told you on November 15th about the tight games played with Trenton and Elmira. Last year: 3 SO, 1 OT (all won by ELM) and 8 games decided by 2 goals or less.
Well, in eight games this year, the two are at it again. So far five games have been one-goal contests, with two going extras (ELM won 5-4 in OT in Trenton, TRE won in a SO at home, 7-6. It was the first SOW in 7 tries (0-6 last year) and first since the end of the 2010-11 season.
But that doesn't mean there aren't blowouts. In fact, since the Titans have J.S. Breube, it's very possible they will not only win tonigh, but win big.
Why? Well, from the Department of Worthless Stats, Berube's last two games against the Jackals have both been in Elmira. The first was in the final meeting in NY last year - he scored a hat trick in a Titans 8-1 win. The next? The last time the Titans went to Elmira on January 18th, an 8-5 win. Coincidence? Yea, but still...
Bottom line - don't leave your seat...odds are you will miss something spectacular.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Titans Stories
- Trenton Titans Hockey Organization to Cease Operations
- Titans (Final) Week in Review
- Titans GameDay at Wheeling, March 20 - Game 72 (Final), Away 36
- Wedgewood Sets Six Marks as Titans Fall in Final Meeting with Elmira, 4-1
- Titans GameDay at Elmira, March 29 - Game 71 (Away 35)