Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime
Peter Sivak scored the game-tying and game-winning goals to help the San Francisco Bulls come back to beat the Alaska Aces 3-2 in overtime at Sullivan Arena on Sunday afternoon. The Aces finished their weekend home stand with three points in three games against the Bulls. Alaska's overall season record moved to 32-11-3. The Aces now hit the road for two games in Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday night before returning home for a three-game weekend against the Stockton Thunder on Friday, February 8th. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
The Ace outshot the Bulls 14-8 in the first period, but surrendered the first goal of the game, and the only one of the period. Dean Ouellet took a pass and cut in from the left circle, behind the defense and slid a puck through the legs of Mark Guggenberger at 7:46 to make it 1-0 San Francisco. It was Ouellet's 19th goal of the season, moving him into a share of first place in rookie goal scoring.
The Aces turned the game around in the second period, starting off the opening draw. Shawn Skelly scored on a wrist shot from the inside of the top of the right circle just nine seconds into the period to tie the score 1-1. Alaska took their first lead when Jarred Smith scored on a rebound at 9:29 to make it 2-1. Alaska outshot San Francisco 13-6 in the period.
Sivak's first of the night tied the score early in the third period. He scored on a one-time, snap shot from the right circle at 3:18 to tie the score and force overtime. In the extra session, Alaska's Bobby Hughes had a breakaway, but his shot rung off the crossbar and the game continued. The Bulls then finished the game 2:21 into overtime when Sivak tipped a centering pass from Dean Ouellet into the top left corner of the net for his second goal of the night at 20th of the year.
Mark Guggenberger (16-6-3) made 23 saves on 26 shots in the loss. Taylor Nelson (6-8-2) made 38 saves on 40 shots in the win. The Aces went 0-4 on the power play and the Bulls were 1-2. Alaska outshot San Francisco 40-26 in the game.
The Aces now hit the road for two games in Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday night before returning home for a three-game weekend against the Stockton Thunder on Friday, February 8th. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.