Chihuahuas Squeeze Past Isotopes, 21-10
Chihuahuas 21 (29-15), Isotopes 10 (23-22) - Isotopes Park - Albuquerque, N.M.
AT THE DISH: Pat Valaika remains red-hot at the plate, finishing the game 3-for-4 with a double and two home runs. "Patty Barrels" has now hit 11 home runs in 84 at bats, an average of 7.6 home runs per at bat ... Valaika's career-high in home runs is 14 ... Sam Hilliard also connected on a home run, his team-leading 13th of the season ... Veteran backstop Drew Butera finished the night 3-for-5 with a double.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Isotopes starter Pat Dean was not able to get out of the second inning, allowing 12 runs (seven earned) over 1.2 innings on the mound. The southpaw allowed 10 hits, striking out one and walking one ... Matt Pierpont allowed two runs on two home runs in his 1.2 innings on the hill .... Phillip Diehl and Jesus Tinoco surrendered three runs each over 1.2 innings respectively ... Evan Grills was the only Isotopes pitcher to not allow a run, tossing 2.1 scoreless innings.
TOPES TIDBITS: The 21 runs scored by El Paso are the most in franchise history ... The 31 combined runs score are tied for the third most in Isotopes history (June 30, 2011 at Iowa) ... The Isotopes and Chihuahuas combined for eight home runs.
ON DECK: Albuquerque Isotopes at Las Vegas Aviators, 8:05 p.m. MT, Las Vegas Ballpark
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Tim Melville (2-0, 0.90), Aviators: TBA
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Round Rock Rocks Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Outlast Baby Cakes, 6-5 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds' Seventh Inning Helps End Skid - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds' Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Nashville Sounds
- Tuesday's Chasers-Cubs Contest Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs and Storm Chasers Postponed Tuesday - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-26) vs. Memphis Redbirds (21-23) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-26) - Memphis Redbirds
- Kevin Cron Wins Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights May 21-29 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Stung by Nashville in 12-Inning Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Fresno finishes series with 4-3 walk-off win over Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Strikeout Franchise Record 19 in Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats drop finale but leave Fresno with series win - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Scoring in 21-10 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Squeeze Past Isotopes, 21-10 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Rally for Extra-Inning Win in Texas - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Mariachis Hit High Note as Greatest Gorra
- Mariachis Advance to Championship Round of #GreatestGora
- Isotopes to Host "A Speech of Their OwnÃ¢ÂÂ Initiative
- Isotopes/Mariachis Join Minor League Baseball's "Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Isotopes "Stadium Memories" Series to Air on TV, Radio and Facebook Live