Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express
San Antonio Missions (27-17) at Round Rock Express (25-18)
Game #45/Road Game #20
Tuesday, May 21, 7:05 p.m.
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Thomas Jankins (2-1, 4.50) vs. RHP Jose Hernandez-Urquidy (1-0, 5.40)
Hottest Team: With yesterday's victory the Missions have now matched a season-long winning streak by winning six games in a row. During the six-game stretch San Antonio is batting .294 (58-for-197) and is outscoring their opponents 33-15. The pitching staff has an ERA of 1.83 (11 ER/54.0 IP) in those six games. San Antonio also won six in a row since April 21-27. San Antonio hasn't won seven in a row since their 11-game streak from May 1-12, 2018. The six-game stretch is the longest current winning streak in affiliated baseball. Single-A Great Lakes, Single-A Greensboro, and Advanced-A San Jose are each on five-game winning streaks.
Brooms Out: The Missions completed their first sweep of the season yesterday as they shutout the Memphis Redbirds 4-0. It was the first five-game series sweep for San Antonio since at least 2005 when MLBAM began compiling stats. It was the first series sweep of any kind since a three-game sweep of Double-A Corpus Christi from July 23-25, 2018.
First is Best: The Missions have played 44 games and scored first in 31 of them. They are 21-10 when plating the first run. The 21 wins and 31 total games are both the most in the Pacific Coast League.
Zippy Scoring: Yesterday's 4-0 win was the sixth shutout of the season for the Missions, which is tied with New Orleans for the most in all of Triple-A baseball. Double-A Pensacola has the most shutouts in Minor League Baseball with nine.
Six for Sally: Tyler Saladino came on as a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning of last night's game and slugged a two-run home run to extend his hitting streak to six games.During the streak, he is batting .611 (11-for-18) with 2 home runs, 6 doubles, and 10 RBI.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
San Antonio Missions Baseball (@missionsmilb)
Don't miss @loslonelyboys at The Wolff this Saturday! Visit TheTexasTacoFestival.com for details!
INF Blake Allemand transferred from San Antonio to Rocky Mountain
RHP Jacob Barnes optioned (5/18) from Milwaukee and activated
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Round Rock Rocks Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Outlast Baby Cakes, 6-5 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds' Seventh Inning Helps End Skid - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds' Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Nashville Sounds
- Tuesday's Chasers-Cubs Contest Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs and Storm Chasers Postponed Tuesday - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-26) vs. Memphis Redbirds (21-23) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-26) - Memphis Redbirds
- Kevin Cron Wins Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights May 21-29 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Stung by Nashville in 12-Inning Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Fresno finishes series with 4-3 walk-off win over Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Strikeout Franchise Record 19 in Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats drop finale but leave Fresno with series win - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Scoring in 21-10 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Squeeze Past Isotopes, 21-10 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Rally for Extra-Inning Win in Texas - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative
- Preliminary Promotional Schedule Unveiled for Missions' 2020 Season
- Missions and IHeartMedia Announce 93.3 the Bull as New Flagship Station
- Unveiling a Bygone Era of Missions History