Kevin Cron Wins Pacific Coast League Player of the Week
Reno, Nev. - Reno Aces infielder Kevin Cron has been named the Pacific Coast League's Player of the Week for the period of May 13-May 19, 2019, the League office announced Monday.
Cron, 26, went 10-for-23 (.435) last week with 14 RBIs, eight runs scored and five home runs. He posted a 1.778 OPS tallying 29 total bases and even recorded his first stolen base of the season on May 18. He reached base safely in every game during the time frame, recorded five walks, and had hits in five of the six games.
Additionally, Cron hit his Pacific Coast League leading 19th home run with a solo shot against Tacoma on Sunday and followed it up with number 20 and 21 Monday afternoon. With Cron's 60th RBI recorded yesterday, he broke an Aces franchise-record for most RBIs before June 1.
Cron broke Christian Walker's 2017 mark with his 55th yesterday on an RBI-double in the bottom of the fifth. He also added his 20th and 21st big fly of the season in the game for his fourth multi-home run game of the year. The Arizona Diamondbacks' prospect has 11 days left in May to shatter the RBI mark.
Cron's best stretch of the week came on May 16 and 17. He went 5-for-7 with three home runs, eight RBIs and four runs scored in the two games. On Thursday, he tallied two home runs marking his third multi-home run game of the season. On Friday, his three-run game-tying home run in the bottom of the seventh eventaully set up an Aces walkoff victory in the ninth.
The 6-foot-5 righty has 21 home runs, 60 RBIs, 34 XBH, and 42 runs so far this year, all numbers lead the Pacific Coast League.
The PCL Player of the Week honors is the third of Cron's career. He earned his first Player of the Week award on June 3, 2018 (.357, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 5 R, 1.286 OPS) and also July 1, 2018 (.462, 5 HR, 15 RBI, 9 R, 1.598 OPS).
The Aces hit the road for four games in El Paso starting Tuesday. Cron and company will return home Saturday for a four-game set against the Las Vegas Aviators with first pitch slated for 6:35 p.m. stamping round two of the Silver State Diamond Challenge presented by Nevada Donor Network in 2019. For tickets and information visit renoaces.com or call (775) 334-7000. Follow the team during the season on Twitter (@Aces), Instagram (renoaces) or like the team on Facebook for updates.
Images from this story
Reno Aces infielder Kevin Cron
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Round Rock Rocks Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Outlast Baby Cakes, 6-5 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds' Seventh Inning Helps End Skid - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds' Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Nashville Sounds
- Tuesday's Chasers-Cubs Contest Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs and Storm Chasers Postponed Tuesday - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-26) vs. Memphis Redbirds (21-23) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-26) - Memphis Redbirds
- Kevin Cron Wins Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights May 21-29 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Stung by Nashville in 12-Inning Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Fresno finishes series with 4-3 walk-off win over Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Strikeout Franchise Record 19 in Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats drop finale but leave Fresno with series win - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Scoring in 21-10 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Squeeze Past Isotopes, 21-10 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Rally for Extra-Inning Win in Texas - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Aces Debut Flex Four Pack to Offer Complete Flexibility in 2021
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap