Chihuahuas Keep Scoring in 21-10 Victory
The El Paso Chihuahuas set a new team single-game runs record in Monday night's 21-10 win over Albuquerque at Isotopes Park. The Chihuahuas led 12-0 in the second inning and 18-4 in the fifth. The previous team runs record was 17, set vs. Las Vegas on May 4, 2016.
El Paso's eight-run second inning matched a season high for runs in an inning. The Chihuahuas' 22 hits was one shy of the team record. All nine Chihuahuas starting players had at least one extra-base hit Monday. The Chihuahuas hit five homers in the rout, including two each by Josh Naylor and Jacob Scavuzzo, moving the team total to 104 in 45 games.
Monday's first pitch came with a 45 degree temperature, the coldest Chihuahuas game of the season. The Chihuahuas finished their nine-game, 10-day road trip with five wins and four losses.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-isotopes/2019/05/20/579367#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579367
Team Records: El Paso (29-15), Albuquerque (23-22)
Next Game: Tuesday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Reno RHP Matt Koch (0-1, 7.04) vs. El Paso LHP Dillon Overton (0-2, 8.53). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Round Rock Rocks Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Outlast Baby Cakes, 6-5 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds' Seventh Inning Helps End Skid - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds' Winning Streak Snapped at Four - Nashville Sounds
- Tuesday's Chasers-Cubs Contest Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs and Storm Chasers Postponed Tuesday - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-26) vs. Memphis Redbirds (21-23) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-26) - Memphis Redbirds
- Kevin Cron Wins Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights May 21-29 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Stung by Nashville in 12-Inning Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Fresno finishes series with 4-3 walk-off win over Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Strikeout Franchise Record 19 in Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats drop finale but leave Fresno with series win - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Scoring in 21-10 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chihuahuas Squeeze Past Isotopes, 21-10 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Rally for Extra-Inning Win in Texas - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- El Paso Chihuahuas, El Paso Locomotive FC, and FC Juarez Bravos Announce Plan to Unify the Borderplex During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering
- Chihuahuas and L&F Distributors Release Co-Branded Beer Can
- Chihuahuas Individual Game Tickets for the 2020 Season on Sale Tomorrow
- Star Wars and Three Replica Jersey Giveaways Highlight Chihuahuas 2020 Promotions