'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL
RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has recalled forwards Clark Bishop and Phil Di Giuseppe from Charlotte (AHL) and assigned forward Nicolas Roy to the Checkers.
Bishop, 22, has posted five points (3g, 2a) in nine AHL games this season. He has skated in a pair of NHL games with Carolina, making his NHL debut on Oct. 20 vs. Colorado after being recalled on Oct. 17. The 6'1", 199-pound forward was re-assigned to Charlotte on Oct. 23 and scored a goal in his first game back with the Checkers on Oct. 24. The St. John's, N.L., native has recorded 39 points (12g, 27a) in 119 career AHL games.
Di Giuseppe, 25, appeared in a pair of AHL games after being assigned to Charlotte on Nov. 1, and he skated in two NHL games prior to his assignment. The Maple, Ont., native posted 13 points (5g, 8a) in 49 games with the Hurricanes last season, and has registered 37 points (13g, 24a) in 128 career NHL games. The 6'0". 192-pound forward has also tallied 89 points (35g, 54a) in 160 career AHL games.
Roy, 21, played six games with the Hurricanes after being recalled on Oct. 23. The Amos, Que., native recorded seven points (5g, 2a) in six games with Charlotte prior to his recall, and was named AHL Player of the Week on Oct. 7. The 6'4", 205-pound forward skated in 70 AHL games last season with Charlotte, posting 38 points (11g, 27a), and made his NHL debut vs. Tampa Bay on April 7, 2018.
The Hurricanes kick off a six-game homestand on Saturday, Nov. 10 against the Detroit Red Wings at PNC Arena. For more information about Hurricanes ticket packages, please visit www.CarolinaHurricanes.com/tickets, or call 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.