Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game
Milwaukee, WI - Over 7,000 school kids and teachers saw an entertaining, offensive affair as the Admirals and Chicago Wolves combined for eight goals, but unfortunately for Milwaukee they came out on the short end of the stick in a 5-3 loss Wednesday morning at Panther Arena.
The game, which began at 10:30 am, was the first of two Baird School Games that the Admirals will play this season and dropped their all-time record in school games to 4-2 at home and 7-6-1 overall.
The Wolves Daniel Carr finished the game with four goals, while linemate Brooks Macek tallied five assists to lead the Chicago offense, which jumped out to a two-goal lead after the first period.
Milwaukee responded in the second, getting goals from Jarred Tinordi and Colin Blackwell to level the score at two within the first 6:16 of the frame. Carr put the Wolves back on top when he completed the hat trick at the 17:36 mark.
The Admirals responded again in the third on a Matt Donovan power-play marker 5:53 in, tying the game at three. However, Chicago's Erik Brannstrom snapped the tie less than 90 seconds later and the Ads couldn't get the equalizer.
The Admirals are off on Thursday before returning to action on Friday night when they play host to the Rockford Ice Hogs at 7 pm at Panther Arena. It's the Admirals annual Salute to the Military where all veterans and active military get a free ticket to the game for themselves and their immediate family.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.