Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night
ONTARIO, CA - The Ontario Reign, proud American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, in conjunction with the Hope Reigns Foundation, announced today that Hockey Fights Cancer Night on Saturday, November 3 raised a total of $24,519. All of the money collected will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
The Reign wore special, Hockey Fights Cancer themed jerseys on Saturday as a part of the AHL's leaguewide partnership with Hockey Fights Cancer. Fans were able to bid on specialty jerseys from the evening, with all proceeds being a part of the total donation. Defenseman Kurtis MacDermid had the highest-selling jersey of the night at $1,300, while forward Brett Sutter and defenseman Sean Walker also reached the $1,000 mark.
"We are proud to have partnered with the AHL on our first ever Hockey Fights Cancer Night in Ontario," Ontario Reign President Darren Abbott said. "So many people in our organization and throughout our fan base have had family members, friends or loved ones affected by cancer and their generosity during Saturday's jersey auction enabled us to make a sizable donation to a worthy organization."
Saturday's event also featured several other donation opportunities, beginning with a T-Shirt and Ticket pack for the game, which also included a donation to the American Cancer Society. Additionally, the Reign used special, Hockey Fights Cancer pucks during warmups, which were then sold at the game, with all money raised going towards the donation. Lastly, American Cancer Society sold purple rally towels during the game on the main concourse, with those funds also included in the amount raised.
The Reign also raised awareness throughout the evening with Hockey Fights Cancer themed dasherboards, in-game graphics, PA reads, in-game survivor recognitions, "I Fight For Signs" for fans, as well as social media graphics and videos leading up to and during the game.
Ontario's next specialty jersey night falls on Saturday, December 15 with an ugly Christmas sweater design being worn during warmups for that game. Proceeds from the warmup jerseys will be donated to the Loma Linda University Children's Hospital.
The Ontario Reign are in the midst of their 2018-19 season, their fourth as members of the American Hockey League. For more information regarding upcoming home games, promotions and ticket offers, visit http://www.ontarioreign.com/schedule/home-schedule and to secure your seats with a Reign ticket plan, call 909.941.7825 or visit OntarioReign.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.