IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have signed forward Hunter Fejes to a Professional Tryout (PTO) Agreement. In addition, the IceHogs have recalled forward Connor Moynihan from their ECHL affiliate, the Indy Fuel.
Fejes, 24, has skated with the Orlando Solar Bears in the ECHL this season, posting 14 points (8g, 6a) and 17 penalty minutes in 10 games. He leads the team and is tied for third in the ECHL in goals and shares seventh among all league skaters in total scoring. The 6-1, 192-lbs forward has also notched points in nine of his first 10 ECHL games this season, including four multi-point efforts.
The Anchorage, Alaska native spent the majority of the 2017-18 campaign in the ECHL and established career-high marks with his 30 goals and 59 points. He finished as one of only 16 skaters in the ECHL to reach the 30-goal plateau last season, and upon returning to the ECHL for the Kelly Cup Playoffs, he posted a point-per-game average with nine points (3g, 6a) in nine postseason contests with Orlando.
Fejes also skated in four AHL games with the Toronto Marlies last season after signing a PTO with the club on March 22.
Overall, the forward has logged 111 points (56g, 55a) in 125 career ECHL games with Rapid City (2016-17), Wheeling (2017-18) and Orlando (2017-18), and five points (1g, 4a) in 33 career AHL games with Springfield (2015-16), Tucson (2016-17) and Toronto (2017-18).
Fejes was originally selected by the Arizona Coyotes in the sixth round (178th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft.
Moynihan, 21, made his professional debut with the Fuel this season and has tallied five points (3g, 2a) in eight ECHL games. The forward skated in his first pro game on Oct. 13 at Kalamazoo and posted his first multi-point effort with a goal and assist Nov. 3 at Wheeling.
Last year, the Windham, New Hampshire native skated with the Halifax Mooseheads in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) and logged a career-high 42 points (21g, 21a) with 113 PIMs in 66 contests. Moynihan served as an alternate captain and ranked eighth overall in the league and third among QMJHL forwards in PIMs for the 2017-18 campaign.
Following the regular season, the forward native helped Halifax advanced to the second round of the playoffs by notching seven points (4g, 3a) and a team-high 22 penalty minutes in nine postseason contests.
Overall, Moynihan has totaled 133 points (68g, 65a) and 470 PIMs in 310 career QMJHL games from 2013-18.
Next Home Game: Friday, Nov. 23 vs. Chicago Wolves | 7 p.m.
The IceHogs will host the Chicago Wolves for the team's first-ever Hockey Fights Cancer night. The first 1,500 fans through the door will receive a FREE IceHogs LED fan, courtesy of SwedishAmerican. Proceeds from the postgame auction will benefit SwedishAmerican Foundation.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E