Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday assigned center Christoffer Ehn to the Grand Rapids Griffins.
??Ehn became the 173rd Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he skated in Detroit's 3-2 shootout victory last night against Vancouver at Little Caesars Arena. Playing his first season in North America, the 22-year old has appeared in 10 games with the Red Wings, averaging 9:19 of ice time and contributing one point (0-1-1), a plus-two rating and four penalty minutes.
??Ehn was originally selected by Detroit in the fourth round, 106th overall, of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
??While making his AHL debut, Ehn shows four points (1-3-4), a plus-five rating and two PIM with the Griffins this season. He has notched two-point games in each of his last two contests, including scoring his first North American goal during last Saturday's 2-1 victory against Milwaukee.
??A native of Skara, Sweden, Ehn skated in 147 games with Frolunda in the Swedish Hockey League from 2013-18 and recorded 32 points (11-21-32). He produced career highs in goals (7), assists (10) and points (17) in 2017-18. Ehn helped Frolunda win back-to-back Champions League Tournament crowns in 2017 and 2016 and an SHL title in 2016.
??With points in four consecutive outings, the Griffins will play a two-game set at the Manitoba Moose on Thursday and Saturday.
??Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.