Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has recalled forward Denis Gurianov from the Texas Stars. Additionally, the club assigned forward Justin Dowling to Texas.
Gurianov, 21, leads Texas with 12 points (6-6=12) in 11 games this season, ranking first in goals (6) and sharing first in assists (6). He is tied for 13th among all AHL players in goals (6) and shares 15th in points (12). Gurianov made his NHL debut during the 2016-17 season, skating in one game for Dallas. The 6-foot-2, 195-pound native of Togliatti, Russia was selected by Dallas in the first round (12th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft.
Dowling, 28, recorded one assist (0-1=1) in six NHL contests this season and has registered three assists (0-3=3) in 15 career NHL games. During the 2018-19 campaign with Texas, Dowling has six points (2-4=6) in seven contests. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound native of Cochrane, Alta. was originally undrafted and signed as a free agent by Dallas on March 26, 2014.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, return home on Nov. 10 at 7 p.m. to battle the San Antonio Rampage at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park for the first time this year. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.