Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers (6-5-1-0), proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, host the Binghamton Devils (5-5-2-0) at 10:30 a.m. today in their annual Cool Fun 101 school-day contest at Webster Bank Arena. It's the first of four morning games for the Sound Tigers this season and the first of three home. Last time out, Bridgeport's offense ignited for a franchise record-tying eight goals in an 8-5 win against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Sunday, which also extended the Sound Tigers' winning streak at home to four games. Josh Ho-Sang tied a franchise record with four assists, while Michael Dal Colle and Kieffer Bellows each scored twice. In all, 13 players notched at least one point for Bridgeport as the club scored eight goals for the first time since Feb. 11, 2012.
LIVE RADIO: www.bit.ly/BSTRadio
WATCH ON AHLTV: www.theahl.com/ahltv
RISE AND SHINE
Today's game is the annual Cool Fun 101 school-day contest, presented by IBEW Local 488 and the Connecticut Department of Transportation. It is a highly-popular event that will draw thousands of local students and children from various youth organizations. The Sound Tigers are 13-11-1-1 all-time when the puck drops before noon and went 1-1-1-0 in morning games last season, with Steve Bernier's four points leading the way (two goals, two assists).
TIGERS VS. DEVILS
Today's game features the first of two meetings between the Sound Tigers and Devils this season, and the only matchup at Webster Bank Arena. Bridgeport and Binghamton split a two-game series in 2017-18, with the home team winning each tilt. The Sound Tigers defeated the Devils 5-0 in their last meeting on Dec. 30, 2017, in which Tanner Fritz scored a game-high three points (one goal, two assists) and Christopher Gibson made 19 saves for one of his career-best four shutouts last season.
VIEW FROM BINGO
Mark Dennehy's club is right at .500 through its first 11 games of the season and currently sits third in the North Division. Binghamton has gone to overtime in three of its last four games, including a 3-2 OT loss in its last outing to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Saturday. Marian Studenic and John Ramage scored the first two goals of the night early in the third period, but the Phantoms responded with three straight to steal the win. First-year forward Brett Seney leads the Devils with 10 points (one goal, nine assists) thus far, but the sixth-round pick in 2015 was recalled by New Jersey on Friday and will not be in the lineup today.
DAL COLLE'S DELIGHT
Michael Dal Colle has become a key threat every time he steps onto the ice. The Islanders' fifth-overall pick in 2014 leads the Sound Tigers with six goals and 13 points in 10 games, despite missing two contests in October due to injury. In addition, Dal Colle paces Bridgeport with five multi-point games (half of his games) and is tied for ninth in the AHL in both goals and points. He has five goals and three assists (eight points) in his last six outings. The third-year forward finished 2017-18 with just seven goals and four multi-point games.
Josh Ho-Sang had one goal and seven assists in three games last weekend, climbing to second on the Sound Tigers with 12 points in 12 games this season. Even better, Ho-Sang now ranks second among all AHL players in assists (11). On Sunday, he became just the eighth player in Bridgeport history to register four assists in a single game (first time since Tony Romano on Mar. 27, 2012).
HOME SWEET HOME
The Sound Tigers have earned points in five of their first six home games (4-1-1-0) and enter this week's action on a four-game win streak at Webster Bank Arena. Bridgeport has outscored opponents 26-20 at home this season and is 3-0-0-0 when outshooting visitors in the Park City.
Chris Bourque scored one of Bridgeport's eight goals on Sunday and now has 695 points in 731 AHL games... He is five points away from becoming the 24th player in AHL history to record 700 career points and is also just one goal shy of tying Michel Harvey (1959-71) for 50th all-time in League goal-scoring... Brent Thompson is five wins away from his 200th as Bridgeport's head coach... The Sound Tigers have scored a power-play goal in each of their last three games, going 5-for-17 during that span (29.4%)... Bridgeport is tied with Hartford for the most one-goal decisions in the Eastern Conference (seven).
NHL: New York Islanders: Next at TB, Tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. ET
ECHL: Worcester Railers: Next at NFL, Tonight at 5:30 p.m. ET
"Wizards and Warlocks" This Saturday: The Sound Tigers will face Providence for the fourth time this season on "Wizards and Warlocks Night" at Webster Bank Arena, this Saturday at 7 p.m. Harry Potter fans will be elated with the Sound Tigers newest promotion, which includes a free "House of Storm" scarf to the first 1,000 fans in attendance. Your favorite characters will be roaming the concourse and fans are encouraged to try the Sorting Hat, Mix Potions during the contest. Get a ticket to the game and a Bowtie Cinemas movie pass to see the new movie, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, for just $25.
Veteran's Day This Sunday: The Sound Tigers will battle the first-place Charlotte Checkers this Sunday with several promotions on tap for Veteran's Day. All veterans and active duty personnel will receive a free ticket by visiting the Webster Bank Arena Click It Or Ticket Box Office and showing a valid military ID. In addition, receive a free set of Sound Tigers trading cards, which include notable New York Islanders draft picks and other top prospects sponsored by IBEW Local 488. Fifty-cent chicken wings and $5 16 oz. beers (drafts and cans) are available at the Masons Bar, located on the upper concourse level. Reserve your seats now!
Packed Promotional Lineup: The Sound Tigers will boast one of their most extensive and wide-ranging promotional schedules ever for the 2018-19 season. The fan-friendly calendar includes the return of popular themes like Hockey and Hops (Nov. 23 and Mar. 17), Military Appreciation (Jan. 12), Star Wars Night (Jan. 19) and Princess Night (Mar. 30). Regional hockey fans will be elated for the addition of Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 23-24), while other new headliners include Holiday Gift Weekend (Dec. 15-16) and a revamped Teddy Bear Toss (Nov. 23). View the full 2018-19 promotional schedule.
For additional details or to reserve a group outing for any giveaway or theme night, please call the Sound Tigers' front office at (203) 345-2300 ext 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.