The Rocket this Week
The Rocket hit the road for a three-game trip, beginning with a stop in New York to face the Utica Comets on November 7th, followed by back-to-back games in Ohio against the Cleveland Monsters. All three of the Rocket's road games will be broadcasted on 91.9 Sports.
Last weekend, the Rocket hosted the Comets on November 2nd and 3rd, dropping the first game by a score of 3-1. Brett Kulak scored the lone Rocket goal in the loss. They bounced back a day later, winning 2-1 in overtime on Jake Evans' game-winning power-play goal.
The Rocket head into Utica to face the Comets for the third of eight meetings between the division rivals this season. Laval enters the game with a record of 4-7-1-0, while Utica sits fourth in the North Division with a 5-6-1-0 record.
The Rocket will square off against the Cleveland Monsters for the first time in team history on when the puck drops at Quicken Loans Arena on Friday night. The Monsters joined the Eastern Conference's North Division during the offseason after playing in the Central Division last year. Cleveland currently ranks second in the division with a record of 7-4-1-0 through 12 games this season. The two teams will renew acquaintances for the second time in as many days on Saturday night.
The Rocket will look to build momentum and improve its road record on this short trip. Laval enters the week with a 1-2-1-0 record in four road contests this season. Joël Bouchard's team will try to maintain its perfect penalty-killing record away from the friendly confines of Place Bell, having killed off all 18 man advantages they've allowed so far this season. The Rocket also boast the League's top penalty kill, with a 94 percent success rate.
Meanwhile, the Rocket continue to limit the number of shot attempts against, allowing a League-best 20.33 shots per game.
By the numbers...
Buts / Goals Kenny Agostino (4)
Aides / Assists Alex Belzile (8)
Points Kenny Agostino (10)
Tirs / Shots Kenny Agostino (48)
MBA / GAA Michael McNiven (1.81)
%ARR / SVS% Michael McNiven (.897)
1. Kenny Agostino continues to lead the team in goals and points, picking up an assist during the weekend back-to-back against Utica...
1. Reid Boucher has 12 points in his last eight games, and ranks third in the AHL in goals with nine... 1. Zac Dalpe leads the AHL in points (19) and goals (12), while rookie Eric Robinson ranks second in the rookie scoring race with 12 points...
2. Michael McNiven turned in two solid performances over the weekend, stopping all eight shots he faced in relief on Friday, before turning aside 19 of 20 shots in Saturday's overtime win. He enters the week with a 1.81 goal against average, good for third in the AHL... 2. Goaltender Ivan Kulbakov has backstopped the Comets to a win in four of his seven starts this year, posting a 2.89 GAA and a .913 save percentage... 2. Cleveland is coming off two high scoring games over the weekend, a 7-6 shootout win versus Toronto on Friday and an 8-4 loss to Grand Rapids on Sunday.
3. The Rocket rank seventh in shot attempts per game (32.67) and have yet to be outshot this season... 3. Utica's power play has been clicking at the Adirondack Bank Center, converting on 26.9% of their opportunities on home ice...
3. Cleveland is undefeated against its brand new North Division rivals, winning all four of its games against divisional opponents...
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Amerks in Buffalo - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Fall Short in Wild Wednesday Affair - Utica Comets
- Dr Leo Back with Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Assign Cederholm to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Sign Forward Fejes to PTO, Recall Forward Moynihan - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Give Back Announces Home Stand Initiatives - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kaapoa's 28 Saves Pace Shutout of IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall to Wolves in School Day Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Canes Recall Bishop and Di Giuseppe from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Dallas Recalls Denis Gurianov, Assigns Justin Dowling to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game #11 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Poganski, Kaspick Rejoin Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Detroit Sends Ehn to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Detail Busy November Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Miska from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Shuts out Rockford with a 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Carr Drives into Chicago Wolves History Books - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers score four times on the power play and earn third straight win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flames Recall Anthony Peluso; Place Dillon Dube on IR - Stockton Heat
- Devils Build 2-0 Lead, Lose to Sound Tigers 7-3 - Binghamton Devils
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Hartford Wolf Pack Community Foundation Issues Grant Funding - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Raise over $24,000 from Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Ontario Reign
- Batherson Staying Calm Despite Hot Start - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Devils in 10:30 a.m. School-Day Game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.