Boisclair Bear for a Night
ELMIRA, NY - The Elmira Jackals, proud member of the ECHL, announced today that right wing Maxime Boisclair has been loaned to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League. Boisclair joins the club in Albany for their critical East Division match with the River Rats tonight at the Times-Union Center (7 p.m.). Boisclair is expected to return to Elmira after the contest as the Jackals kick off three games in three night with a Thursday night battle against the Dayton Bombers at First Arena (7:05 p.m.).
Boisclair, signed to an ECHL contract by the Jackals last week, has five points (3+2) in four contests with Elmira. He posted three points in Monday's 5-2 win over Wheeling with a pair of assists and the game-winning goal 3:56 into the final period.
The 23-year old is in his second professional season after leading Johnstown (ECHL) is scoring a year ago with 51 points in 59 games. Boisclair began this season with Saint-Hyacinthe (LNAH) and departed for Elmira as the league's leading scorer with 82 points in 47 games.
Boisclair lit up the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for 76 power play goals in his final two years with Chicoutimi. Following upon his 51-goal campaign (33 on the power play) in 2004-05, he scored 70 goals, including 43 on the man-advantage in 2005-06, as part of his 130-point season (3rd overall in the QMJHL).
The Elmira Jackals return to action Thursday when they host the Dayton Bombers at 7:05 p.m. at First Arena. Reading provides the opposition Friday night (7:35 p.m.) while Dayton returns Saturday evening (7:35 p.m.). Friday and Saturday's contests feature Jackals Trading Card Giveaway Nights. The first two in a series of three collectable card strips featuring your favorite Jackals will be distributed to the first 2,000 fans entering First Arena each night. The final card giveaway in the collectables series Jackals fans will not want to miss takes place Wednesday, March 26th, against the Trenton Devils (7:05 p.m.). Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets including the Gray Street box office - First Arena, on-line at www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 722-3711 or 734-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 19, 2008
- Grizzlies Get Full Line-Up, But Fall in Victoria 7-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Inferno beat Pilots 4-3 - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Battle Back Earning a Point in 4-3 Shoot out Loss - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Royals Sign Goaltender Tyler Sims - Reading Royals
- Mole Heads East Again; Two D-Men Added - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Sign Defenseman Kaufman - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Celebrate NSPCA Night This Friday - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions- March 19 - ECHL
- Devils Sign New Jersey Native Joe Cucci - Trenton Devils
- Chiefs Home Easter Weekend With Two Games; Children Ages 11 And Under FREE On Sunday - Johnstown Chiefs
- Nailers Announce MOONDOG Bobblehead Rules And Procedures - Wheeling Nailers
- Former Inferno Player Now With Maple Leafs - Columbia Inferno
- Foster Is 351st Player To Play In Nhl After Echl - ECHL
- Checkers Sign Forward Garrett Peters - Charlotte Checkers
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Boisclair Bear for a Night - Elmira Jackals
- Augusta Lynx ENews Insider, March 19 - Augusta Lynx
- Cyclones Teach' Johnstown A Lesson, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Chiefs felled by Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Ice Pilots Sign New England College's Pouliot and Mullen - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Beaudoin Recalled to "AAA" Syracuse - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays Sign Rookie Smith - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fresno Falcons March to Selland Seat Selection Thursday 6PM - Fresno Falcons
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Cincinnati Cyclones Game this Morning - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Falcons Nip RoadRunners 2-1 In A Shootout - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Las Vegas Lowers Magic Number to Clinch National Conference to Nine - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Moreland's 41 Saves Lead Falcons to Shootout Win - Fresno Falcons
- Aces nipped in Vegas, 3-2 - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.