Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (61-75, T-5th (-21.0), North) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (62-76, T-5th (-21.0), North)
Sunday, September 2nd, 2018 (7:05 p.m.) - NBT Bank Stadium
RHP Jacob Waguespack (5-8, 5.34) vs. RHP Austin Voth (5-8, 4.46)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Bisons.com
This evening, the Bisons continue with their final series of the 2018 season in Syracuse, taking on the Chiefs in game three of a four-game series at NBT Bank Stadium. The four-game set will wind through Labor Day Weekend, concluding on Labor Day with an afternoon matchup.
Last Game: BUF 1, SYR 6
The Bisons dropped their second straight game to Syracuse, as the Chiefs erupted for four runs in the first inning. RHP Zach Stewart allowed five runs, all earned, in his four innings of work. INF Richard Urena drove in the lone Herd run on the night. 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. had three hits in the loss as well.
Syracuse Chiefs (9-7)
The Chiefs are one of four teams the Bisons have a winning record against this season and the only team in their division. Buffalo needs one win in the final series of the season to clinch the 2018 series victory against their Thruway Cup rivals.
Today's Starter: RHP Jacob Waguespack
RHP Jacob Waguespack is making his sixth start since being acquired from the Philadelphia Phillies on July 31. The right hander won back-to-back decisions on August 8 and 13, but since then is 0-2 in his last three starts. Overall between Lehigh Valley and the Bisons, Waguespack is 5-8 in 20 total appearances, 13 of them starts.
INF Richard Urena collected his 15th RBI of the season on Saturday night. Urena drove in a run in each of the first two games against Syracuse. The infielder has increased his batting average 11 points in the last three games to .215 as well.
1B Rowdy Tellez notched his 31st multi-hit performance of the season by going 2-5 last night. Tellez has hit safely in four of his last five games, and closed out August hitting .303 (23-76).
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. smacked three of the Bisons' ten hits on Saturday. Guerrero Jr. is 4-9 in two games against Syracuse, and has hit safely in three of four games played on the road trip.
OF Anthony Alford had two more hits on Saturday, his third straight game with two hits. Alford is now hitting .241, hitting safely in four games in a row (7-14, .500).
The Bisons are a combined 17-16 against Syracuse and Rochester this season. Buffalo and the Red Wings (19-18) are tied for the Thruway Cup, with the Herd needing one win to clinch the trophy for the first time since 2013.
The Herd has made 257 total roster moves in 2018, with 73 different players appearing in a game for Buffalo as well. The team has tied their record for most players in a season during the Blue Jays affiliation, which was set in 2014, while establishing a new high for transactions in a single season. The Bisons made 239 roster moves in 2014.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (61-74) dropped the middle game of a three-game series to the Miami Marlins 6-3 on Saturday night. RHP Taylor Guerrieri and LHP Jose Fernandez each made their Major League debut last night, neither allowing a run in relief. RHP Sean Reid-Foley was recalled by the Blue Jays yesterday, and will make the start in the rubber match against the Marlins (1:10 p.m.). Tomorrow Toronto begins a seven-day homestand, first welcoming the Tampa Bay Rays to Rogers Centre.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2018
- Guerrero, Fields Homer in 4-3 Herd Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Voth Stellar, Chiefs Hold on Late for 4-3 Win over the Bisons - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Top Tribe as Indy Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Walk off against Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs to Face RailRiders in Opening Playoff Series - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Punch Ticket to Postseason on Season's Penultimate Day - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mashers Record Three Homers in 10-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Devers, Phillips Combine for Four Hits in 3-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wiel Homer Wins It for Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Rochester Walks off against IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- We're in: Mud Hens Make Playoffs - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham Drops Sunday Tilt to Tides - Durham Bulls
- Mud Hens Bats Explode for 10-5 Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Sunday's Game to Stripers 2-0 - Charlotte Knights
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (72-66) at Louisville Bats (60-75) - Indianapolis Indians
- Walker Wows in Triple-A Debut as Stripers Win 2-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- The Setup: Lehigh Valley in Pursuit of Record Win Total - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Sunday, September 2, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: September 2 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes 9-2 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Mashers/Bats Homestand Highlights: September 2-3 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons to Host Nitro Circus 'You Got This' Tour -Friday, May 24 at Sahlen Field
- Bisons Unveil New â??Game of the Month' Ticket Membership Club: â??The Herd'
- Bisons to Hold Open Interviews for 2019 Season
- Bisons 2019 Promotional Schedule to Include Guerrero Jr. Bobblehead Giveaway, Game of Thrones Night and More
- Bobby Meacham to Return as Bisons Manager in 2019