Durham Bulls Game Notes - Sunday, September 2, 2018
Norfolk Tides (68-70) vs. Durham Bulls (78-59)
LHP Luis Ysla (0-3, 7.27) vs. RHP Andrew Moore (6-6, 4.19)
The South Division Champion Durham Bulls host the Norfolk Tides for the third game of a four-game series to finish out the regular season tonight at 5:05 p.m. at the DBAP. Andrew Moore gets the start for the Bulls for the second time against the Tides. Moore tossed 5.0 innings in his only other start against Norfolk this season, allowing three unearned runs on three hits with one walk and two strikeouts in the no-decision on August 25. Luis Ysla makes his first start against the Bulls this season after spending most of the year with Bowie (AA). Ysla made 28 appearances (nine starts) with the Baysox, posting a 5-5 record with a 4.98 ERA, and 83 strikeouts compared to 45 walks. Since being assigned the Norfolk on August 12, he has made four starts earning three losses with a .351 BAA.
The Bulls will face the West Division Champion on September 5 in the First Round of the Governors' Cup Playoffs. The Bulls begin the series with two games at the winner of the West Division and host the last three (Games 4 & 5 if necessary) of a best-of-five series. As of today, the Bulls' First Round opponent would be the Toledo Mud Hens, who holds a 0.5-game lead over both Columbus and Indianapolis. The Bulls went 6-4 against the Mud Hens during the regular season.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2018
- Guerrero, Fields Homer in 4-3 Herd Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Voth Stellar, Chiefs Hold on Late for 4-3 Win over the Bisons - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Top Tribe as Indy Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Walk off against Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs to Face RailRiders in Opening Playoff Series - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Punch Ticket to Postseason on Season's Penultimate Day - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mashers Record Three Homers in 10-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Devers, Phillips Combine for Four Hits in 3-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wiel Homer Wins It for Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Rochester Walks off against IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- We're in: Mud Hens Make Playoffs - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham Drops Sunday Tilt to Tides - Durham Bulls
- Mud Hens Bats Explode for 10-5 Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Sunday's Game to Stripers 2-0 - Charlotte Knights
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (72-66) at Louisville Bats (60-75) - Indianapolis Indians
- Walker Wows in Triple-A Debut as Stripers Win 2-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- The Setup: Lehigh Valley in Pursuit of Record Win Total - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Sunday, September 2, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: September 2 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes 9-2 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Mashers/Bats Homestand Highlights: September 2-3 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.