Knights Drop Sunday's Game to Stripers 2-0
(LAWRENCEVILLE, GA) -- Georgia native Spencer Adams tossed seven solid innings, but the Charlotte Knights dropped game three of their four-game series to the Gwinnett Stripers by a score of 2-0 on Sunday afternoon from Coolray Field in Lawrenceville, GA.
Adams (4-7, 3.19) allowed just one run on six hits over seven strong innings on Sunday but was saddled with the loss. The Cleveland, GA native tossed seven innings for the second time this season against the Stripers at Coolray Field. In his last outing against Gwinnett on July 7, he beat the club with seven shutout frames. On Sunday, he was the hard-luck losing pitcher. RHP Rob Scahill allowed one run on two hits in the eighth inning on Sunday.
The Knights managed a total of three hits on the afternoon against the Stripers. Third baseman Patrick Leonard, second baseman Bryant Flete, and center fielder Trayce Thompson all recorded one hit each.
Gwinnett RHP Jeremy Walker earned the win in his Triple-A debut. He allowed just three hits over eight scoreless innings. RHP Chad Sobotka earned his third save after a perfect ninth inning.
The Knights will conclude their four-game series against the Stripers on Monday afternoon with the final game of the 2018 regular season. Pre-game radio coverage of the 1:05 p.m. game will begin at 12:50 p.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2018
- Guerrero, Fields Homer in 4-3 Herd Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Voth Stellar, Chiefs Hold on Late for 4-3 Win over the Bisons - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Top Tribe as Indy Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Walk off against Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs to Face RailRiders in Opening Playoff Series - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Punch Ticket to Postseason on Season's Penultimate Day - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mashers Record Three Homers in 10-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Devers, Phillips Combine for Four Hits in 3-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wiel Homer Wins It for Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Rochester Walks off against IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- We're in: Mud Hens Make Playoffs - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham Drops Sunday Tilt to Tides - Durham Bulls
- Mud Hens Bats Explode for 10-5 Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Sunday's Game to Stripers 2-0 - Charlotte Knights
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (72-66) at Louisville Bats (60-75) - Indianapolis Indians
- Walker Wows in Triple-A Debut as Stripers Win 2-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- The Setup: Lehigh Valley in Pursuit of Record Win Total - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Sunday, September 2, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: September 2 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes 9-2 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Mashers/Bats Homestand Highlights: September 2-3 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- Charlotte Knights Nominated for Minor League Baseball's Top Honor
- Matt Parrott Named IL Sports Turf Manager of the Year for Third Straight Season
- Knights Fall to Tides 7-6 in 10 Innings, Ending 2019 Season
- Knights Fall to Tides 11-2 on Sunday
- Knights Back Atop Wild Card Race with 5-2 Win