Pigs to Face RailRiders in Opening Playoff Series
With Saturday's walk-off victory over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Lehigh Valley clinched the first division title in the team's 11-year history and secured a home playoff opener on Friday, Sept. 7 at 7:05 p.m.
The Pigs will open the International League Divisional Series on the road against whomever claims the IL Wild Card on Sept. 5-6. The best-of-five series shifts to Coca-Cola Park on Sept. 7 with further matchups on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 6:35 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 9 at 5:35 p.m. if necessary.
Should Lehigh Valley advance to the IL Championship Series (Governor's Cup Finals), they would host Games 1 and 2 on Sept. 11-12 at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets and five-game plans for the 2018 IronPigs playoffs presented by Provident Bank are now available online, by phone at (610) 841-PIGS (7447) x1 and at the Coca-Cola Park ticket windows during regular business hours. The ticket windows are open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Special playoff hats and shirts are now available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store and ShopIronPigs.com. A new shipment of red IL North Division Champions T-Shirts is expected in the next 48 hours after the initial stock of shirts sold out in less than one day.
Guests will be encouraged to wear red throughout the playoffs as they watch the Pigs chase their first-ever IL championship.
The Friday, Sept. 7 home playoff opener features a rally towel giveaway (5,000 guests) presented by Service Electric Cable TV & Communications. The contest will be followed by a special fireworks display.
If the Pigs play Saturday, Sept. 8, that contest will also be followed by postgame fireworks. Sunday's series finale (if necessary) will conclude with a very special evening edition of postgame Kids Run the Bases presented by Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital.
Below is a look at the Pigs' playoff schedule. Game dates and times are subject to change. Click on any game to purchase tickets for that contest.
ROUND 1: IL Divisional Series
Game 1: Friday, September 7, 7:05 p.m.
Game 2: Saturday, September 8, 6:35 p.m. (if necessary)
Game 3: Sunday, September 9, 5:35 p.m. (if necessary)
ROUND 2: IL Championship (Governor's Cup Finals)
Game 4: Tuesday, September 11, 7:05 p.m.(if necessary)
Game 5: Wednesday, September 12, 7:05 p.m.(if necessary)
Group hospitality options are available for all IronPigs playoff games. Get more information here, or book your group by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) x2.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, click here or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2018
- Guerrero, Fields Homer in 4-3 Herd Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Voth Stellar, Chiefs Hold on Late for 4-3 Win over the Bisons - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Top Tribe as Indy Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Walk off against Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs to Face RailRiders in Opening Playoff Series - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- RailRiders Punch Ticket to Postseason on Season's Penultimate Day - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mashers Record Three Homers in 10-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Devers, Phillips Combine for Four Hits in 3-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wiel Homer Wins It for Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Rochester Walks off against IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- We're in: Mud Hens Make Playoffs - Toledo Mud Hens
- Durham Drops Sunday Tilt to Tides - Durham Bulls
- Mud Hens Bats Explode for 10-5 Victory - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Sunday's Game to Stripers 2-0 - Charlotte Knights
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (72-66) at Louisville Bats (60-75) - Indianapolis Indians
- Walker Wows in Triple-A Debut as Stripers Win 2-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- The Setup: Lehigh Valley in Pursuit of Record Win Total - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Sunday, September 2, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: September 2 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes 9-2 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Mashers/Bats Homestand Highlights: September 2-3 - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6