Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester, DH (5:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (61-69, 4th (-16.5), North) vs. Rochester Red Wings (59-73, 5th (-19.5), North)
Tuesday, August 28th, 2018 (5:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Field
Game 1: RHP Jacob Waguespack (5-7, 5.18) vs. RHP Zack Littell (5-6, 3.42)
Game 2: RHP Sean Reid-Foley (7-4, 3.50) vs. RHP D.J. Baxendale (0-3, 3.66)
This evening, the Bisons head out on the road for their final games of 2018. Buffalo begins a four-game, three-day series against the Rochester Red Wings. Tonight's doubleheader includes the make-up of April 8's postponement due to inclement weather in the Flower City. The Herd will end the 2018 season in Syracuse Labor Day Weekend with a four game series August 31 to September 3.
Last Game: BUF 2, PAW 4
RHP Zach Stewart worked the first three innings for Buffalo in a spot start, allowing three hits and one run, on Fan Appreciation Night at Coca-Cola Field. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. belted a two-run home run in the bottom of the first inning to give Buffalo a 2-1 lead. However, the PawSox would score two runs in the sixth inning and an insurance run in the ninth to secure the win. OFs Dwight Smith Jr. and Anthony Alford each recorded multi-hit performances in the loss.
Rochester Red Wings (8-5)
The Bisons will close out their season series with the Red Wings for their third trip to Frontier Field in 2018. The two teams were postponed April 6-8 to begin the season, while they met May 25-27 in the Flower City. Buffalo is 4-1 in Rochester this season.
Today's Game 1 Starter: RHP Jacob Waguespack
RHP Jacob Waguespack is making his fifth start and sixth overall appearance for the Herd since being acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies on July 31. The right hander is making his 20th appearance between Lehigh Valley and Buffalo as well. Waguespack also made seven starts with Reading (AA) this year.
Today's Game 2 Starter: RHP Sean Reid-Foley
RHP Sean Reid-Foley heads back to the hill tonight after being optioned by the Toronto Blue Jays on August 20. The 22 year-old made his MLB debut on August 13 at Kansas City. The right hander worked five innings against the Royals, and was followed by a start in the Bronx against the Yankees five days later. Reid Foley is 7-4 in 15 starts for Buffalo.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. finished going 23-58 in 16 home games with Buffalo. Guerrero Jr. belted all five of his home runs this year at Coca-Cola Field as well. The 19-year old is batting .349 (30-86) overall in 24 Triple-A games.
The Herd has made 242 total roster moves in 2018, with 73 different players appearing in a game for Buffalo as well. The team has tied their record for most players in a season during the Blue Jays affiliation, which was set in 2014, while establishing a new high for transactions in a single season. The Bisons made 239 roster moves in 2014.
The Herd is 4-0 in doubleheader games against Rochester this season. Buffalo took two DHs in three days in May, on their way to a 6-0 start in twin bills. The Bisons hold an overall 11-9 record in their 20 DH games played this season.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (60-71) was shut out 7-0 by the Baltimore Orioles on Monday in the first game of their three-game series. The Blue Jays' nine-game winning streak against the O's was snapped as RHP Sam Gaviglio took the defeat. RHP Murphy Smith made his Major League debut on Monday, retiring all four batters faced for the Jays. Tonight, LHP Thomas Pannone makes the start against Baltimore at Orioles Park at Camden Yards. Toronto 's road trip continues on Wednesday before a scheduled off day Thursday.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 28, 2018
- Bisons Swept by Red Wings at Frontier Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Hens Continue Playoff Push with Win at Indy - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings Sweep Herd in Tuesday Twinbill - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Slip vs. Chiefs - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Suffer 7-6 Loss to Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Knights Fall to Bulls 4-3 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Wright, Vazquez Rehab in Pawtucket's 9-3 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Toussaint Stays Unbeaten with 5-2 Stripers Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Mash 17 Hits in 10-2 Win over RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Take Opener against PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Clippers' Take Series Opener in Comeback Fashion - Columbus Clippers
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-63) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (68-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Newman, Kramer Elected as IL Postseason All-Stars - Indianapolis Indians
- Former Bisons C Danny Jansen Named International League Post Season All-Star - Buffalo Bisons
- Vargas Named International League Postseason All-Star - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Announces 2018 Award Winners and All-Stars - IL
- Kean Wong Named I.L. Postseason All-Star - Durham Bulls
- Pigs Sweep Major IL Postseason Awards - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 28 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester, DH (5:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Riding the Wave to Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- Clippers Salvage Series with Huge Win - Columbus Clippers
- 2019 Durham Bulls Schedule Announced - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.