Former Bisons C Danny Jansen Named International League Post Season All-Star
A day after being named the Bisons 2018 Most Valuable Player, Blue Jays catcher Danny Jansen has been given the honor as the International League's Post Season All-Star at the position.
The IL announced their annual end of season awards Tuesday with Jansen becoming just the third Bisons backstop in the modern era to take home the postseason honor and the first since Einar Diaz in 1998. Joel Skinner won the award in 1985 while the Bisons played in the American Association.
In 88 games with the Herd, Jansen averaged .275 (2nd on team), with 21 doubles (2nd), 12 home runs (2nd) and 58 RBI (1st). While he is currently with the Blue Jays, he also ranks fourth in the International League with a team-best .390 on-base pct. and a .473 slugging pct. He walked a team-best 44 times while only striking out on 49 occasions.
Jansen represented the Bisons in the 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game and hit a home run for Team USA in the 2018 Sirius XM Future's Game. Earlier this month, he made his Major League debut for the Blue Jays and is still currently playing with Toronto.
Janson is the Bisons sixth postseason All-Star during the Blue Jays affiliation that began with the 2013 season. The list includes DH Mauro Gomez (2013), OF Kevin Pillar (2014), RHP Bobby Korecky (2014), 3B Matt Hague (2015) and DH Jesus Montero (2016).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 28, 2018
- Bisons Swept by Red Wings at Frontier Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Hens Continue Playoff Push with Win at Indy - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings Sweep Herd in Tuesday Twinbill - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Slip vs. Chiefs - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Suffer 7-6 Loss to Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Knights Fall to Bulls 4-3 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Wright, Vazquez Rehab in Pawtucket's 9-3 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Toussaint Stays Unbeaten with 5-2 Stripers Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Mash 17 Hits in 10-2 Win over RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Take Opener against PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Clippers' Take Series Opener in Comeback Fashion - Columbus Clippers
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-63) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (68-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Newman, Kramer Elected as IL Postseason All-Stars - Indianapolis Indians
- Former Bisons C Danny Jansen Named International League Post Season All-Star - Buffalo Bisons
- Vargas Named International League Postseason All-Star - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Announces 2018 Award Winners and All-Stars - IL
- Kean Wong Named I.L. Postseason All-Star - Durham Bulls
- Pigs Sweep Major IL Postseason Awards - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 28 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester, DH (5:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Riding the Wave to Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- Clippers Salvage Series with Huge Win - Columbus Clippers
- 2019 Durham Bulls Schedule Announced - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.