2019 Durham Bulls Schedule Announced
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls today announce the team's 2019 International League schedule. The five-time Governors' Cup champions will open the 140-game schedule on Thursday, April 4 against the Charlotte Knights, and host their first home game on Thursday, April 11 against the Columbus Clippers.
The 13-time International League South Division champions will host 21 fireworks shows at the DBAP throughout the year, including Opening Day and July 3. Additionally, the Bulls are home on Easter (April 21) and Father's Day (June 16), and close out the home schedule with a four-game series over Labor Day weekend. 11 of Durham's final 15 games are scheduled to be held in the Bull City, as well as 17 of the last 27.
The Triple-A affiliate of the New York Yankees, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, will make their annual trip to Durham for a three-game weekend series from June 14 through June 16, while the Pawtucket Red Sox, longtime affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, will visit Durham from Tuesday, July 23 through Thursday, July 25. Returning to the DBAP in 2019 for the first time since 2012 will be the New York Mets' Triple-A affiliate, as the Syracuse Chiefs will change affiliations this offseason, and visit the DBAP from August 6 through August 8.
The ACC Baseball Championship will also return to Durham in 2019, as some of college baseball's best teams will compete at the DBAP from Tuesday, May 21 through Sunday, May 26. The Bulls will embark on a seven-game road trip to Norfolk and Charlotte during that time.
The Bulls return to the DBAP for the regular season's final four games on Friday, Aug. 31. Tickets are available or by calling the Frontier Communications Box Office at 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 28, 2018
- Bisons Swept by Red Wings at Frontier Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Hens Continue Playoff Push with Win at Indy - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings Sweep Herd in Tuesday Twinbill - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Slip vs. Chiefs - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Suffer 7-6 Loss to Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Knights Fall to Bulls 4-3 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Wright, Vazquez Rehab in Pawtucket's 9-3 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Toussaint Stays Unbeaten with 5-2 Stripers Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Mash 17 Hits in 10-2 Win over RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Take Opener against PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Clippers' Take Series Opener in Comeback Fashion - Columbus Clippers
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-63) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (68-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Newman, Kramer Elected as IL Postseason All-Stars - Indianapolis Indians
- Former Bisons C Danny Jansen Named International League Post Season All-Star - Buffalo Bisons
- Vargas Named International League Postseason All-Star - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Announces 2018 Award Winners and All-Stars - IL
- Kean Wong Named I.L. Postseason All-Star - Durham Bulls
- Pigs Sweep Major IL Postseason Awards - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 28 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester, DH (5:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Riding the Wave to Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- Clippers Salvage Series with Huge Win - Columbus Clippers
- 2019 Durham Bulls Schedule Announced - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.