Knights Fall to Bulls 4-3 on Tuesday
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) -- Designated hitter Dustin Garneau homered and RHP Spencer Adams tossed seven innings, but the Charlotte Knights dropped the opening game of their three-game series by a score of 4-3 against the Durham Bulls from BB&T Ballpark in Uptown Charlotte on Tuesday.
Adams (4-6, 3.35) was saddled with the loss after he allowed four runs on 11 hits over seven innings. The Georgia native struck-out four batters, but allowed two home runs, which proved to be the difference in the game. Relievers Tyler Danish and Rob Scahill each tossed a scoreless inning in relief of Adams.
Former Charlotte outfielder Jason Coats hit a two-run home run and designated hitter Joe McCarthy hit a solo home run in a three-run third inning for the Bulls. In all, the Bulls tallied 12 hits on the evening.
Garneau launched his seventh home run of the season in the seventh inning for the Knights. He led the way with two hits, while center fielder Ryan Cordell chipped in with a single and an RBI.
The Knights will continue their three-game series against the Durham Bulls (Triple-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) on Wednesday night. Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. and former Atlanta Braves star pitcher Steve Avery will meet and greet fans. Pre-game radio coverage will begin at 6:50 p.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and long-time broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 28, 2018
- Bisons Swept by Red Wings at Frontier Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Hens Continue Playoff Push with Win at Indy - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings Sweep Herd in Tuesday Twinbill - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Slip vs. Chiefs - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Suffer 7-6 Loss to Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Knights Fall to Bulls 4-3 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Wright, Vazquez Rehab in Pawtucket's 9-3 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Toussaint Stays Unbeaten with 5-2 Stripers Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chiefs Mash 17 Hits in 10-2 Win over RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- Pigs Take Opener against PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Clippers' Take Series Opener in Comeback Fashion - Columbus Clippers
- Osuna Slugs Way to International League Player of the Week Award - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-63) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (68-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Newman, Kramer Elected as IL Postseason All-Stars - Indianapolis Indians
- Former Bisons C Danny Jansen Named International League Post Season All-Star - Buffalo Bisons
- Vargas Named International League Postseason All-Star - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Announces 2018 Award Winners and All-Stars - IL
- Kean Wong Named I.L. Postseason All-Star - Durham Bulls
- Pigs Sweep Major IL Postseason Awards - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 28 - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester, DH (5:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Riding the Wave to Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- Clippers Salvage Series with Huge Win - Columbus Clippers
- 2019 Durham Bulls Schedule Announced - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- The Charlotte Symphony Presents a Concert for Charlotte at Truist Field
- Knights Launch "Fields for Our Future" Presented by Truist
- "Knights Care 4 CLT" Raised over $125,000 for Those in Need
- 2020 Charlotte Area High School Senior All-Star Classic Presented by Truist Set for July 9
- Official Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Season