Bears Recall Matt Weis from South Carolina
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today the recall of forward Matt Weis from the club's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays.
Weis, 24, has appeared in two games with the Bears this season, making his Hershey debut on Nov. 27 versus Providence. With South Carolina this season, Weis has posted 24 points (seven goals, 17 assists) in 29 games. He is tied for the team lead in power play assists (5) and has points in 15 of his past 20 games.
Weis signed a one-year, AHL deal with the Bears in July. He skated in 60 games last season with the Chicago Wolves, tallying 11 points (three goals, eight assists). He played in 22 playoff games with Chicago, scoring four points (two goals, two assists) in Chicago's run to the Calder Cup Finals. The Ohio State product also skated in six games with the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets last year, collecting seven points.
The Bears return to action on Saturday as they host the Hartford Wolf Pack at Giant Center at 7 p.m. It's GIANT Food Drive Night. All fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to donate to the Central PA Food Bank. For each item donated, fans will be entered to win a variety of Hershey Bears prizes and gift cards to GIANT. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2020
- Condors Host Colorado with Bobbleheads, $2 Beer, and $1 Hot Dogs - Bakersfield Condors
- Marlies in San Antonio for Rematch against Rampage - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Recall Beaudoin - Manitoba Moose
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Stephen Johns from Conditioning Assignment in Texas - Texas Stars
- Bears Recall Matt Weis from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- P-Bruins Sign Martin Ouellette to AHL Contract - Providence Bruins
- Matteo Gennaro Recalled from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comtois, Lundestrom Reassigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Corrado Expanding ESE Hockey to Toronto - Belleville Senators
- NHL Veteran Winger Chris Stewart Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Announce Three Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Barracuda Thrash Eagles, Finish Homestand with 7-2 Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Reach Season't Halfway Mark with Third Straight Win - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Upended in 7-2 Loss at San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Drop Midweek Tilt against San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Moose Work OT to Stop Belleville - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Turn Back Wolves in Shoot-Out - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Denied in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Soar Past Penguins 5-2 Behind Kero's Hat Trick - Texas Stars
- Sens Fall in Overtime to Manitoba - Belleville Senators
- Morgan Frost Scores Twice in Offensive Explosion - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hogs Slip Past Griffins in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Stalled by Stars, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Kale Kessy Named Hershey's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Hershey Bears Statement Regarding the Suspension of the AHL Season
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Gains Momentum for Big Road Weekend
- Hershey's March 20 Game at Lehigh Valley Added to TV Schedule
- Bears Recall Chris McCarthy from South Carolina