Baysox Release 2020 Schedule
BOWIE, Md. - The Bowie Baysox released the club's 2020 schedule this week as the team returns for its 28th season. The Baysox open the season at home on Thursday, April 9, against the Richmond Flying Squirrels, Double-A Affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, at 6:35 p.m.
Bowie begins the road portion of the season in Richmond on Thursday, April 16, when the Route 301 rivals complete their early home-and-home portion of the schedule with a four-game series at The Diamond.
Over the course of the season, the Baysox will play 70 home games over 12 home stands with the Prince George's Stadium finale occurring on Sunday, August 30, at 1:35 p.m. against the Trenton Thunder, Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees.
The Baysox play their fellow Western Division rivals a total of 88 times, with the Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals) and Erie SeaWolves (Detroit Tigers) each facing Bowie 20 times. The Akron RubberDucks (Cleveland Indians) face Bowie 18 times, while the Squirrels (16 times) and the Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh Pirates)(14 times) wrap up the West.
Play against the Eastern Division begins on May 26, when Bowie makes a trip to Connecticut for a three-game series with the Hartford Yard Goats (Colorado Rockies) before returning home for a three-game set against the Binghamton Rumble Ponies (New York Mets) May 29-31. The Goats play the Baysox 13 times in 2020, more than any other Eastern Division opponent.
The Thunder and Ponies play Bowie 11 and 10 times, respectively, while the Baysox play a home-and-home series against the Reading Fightin' Phils (Philadelphia Phillies), Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox) and New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays).
The Baysox will host the club's annual Independence Day celebration on Saturday, July 4, with a 6:35 p.m. tilt against Akron in the opener of the three-game series.
Night games on Monday through Thursday and Saturday at 6:35 p.m. from April until the last full week of June. The Baysox will play all Friday games during the 2020 season at 7:05 p.m.
Starting in late June, all games Monday through Thursday will be moved back to 7:05 p.m. All Saturday games will continue to be played at 6:35 p.m., while all Sunday home games will start at the same 1:35 p.m.
Exceptions to those times include the lone 1:35 p.m. game on a Saturday (4/11 vs. Richmond), four 11:05 a.m. games (4/28, 4/29 vs. Harrisburg; 5/13 vs. Harrisburg; 5/21 vs. Richmond), and two 12:05 p.m. games (7/29 vs. Erie; 8/13 vs. Reading).
In total, Bowie will play 13 home games in April, 13 in May, 14 in June, 15 in July and 15 in August. For a printable version of the schedule, go to Baysox.com.
2020 Month-By-Month Home Schedule
Month Dates Opponent
April 9-11 Richmond
May 7-10 Akron
June 9-11 Harrisburg
July 4-6 Akron
August 1-2 Altoona
14-16 New Hampshire
The Bowie Baysox 2019 season is presented by Money One Federal Credit Union. The Baysox return in 2019 to celebrate their 27th Season. To keep up with Baysox news, visit baysox.com and be sure to follow the Baysox on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 15, 2019
- SeaWolves 1-hit Fightins in 1-0 shutout - Reading Fightin Phils
- Manning, Bullpen Combine on One-Hit Shutout - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Complete 4-3 Comeback Win - Bowie Baysox
- Crawford and Wagner Lead Rubber Match Victory over 'Ducks - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels Fall Short in One-Run Loss to Baysox - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Trenton Rally Tops RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Wins Series Finale, 12-1 - Altoona Curve
- Madden Smacks Fourth Homer in 5-3 Loss at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Blow out Curve Early - Harrisburg Senators
- Goats Take Bite out of Dogs to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ponies Silenced by Fisher Cats as Rain Shortens Series Finale - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Four Firework Shows, '79 Pirates Celebration up Next at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
- Baysox Release 2020 Schedule - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Host Future Red Sox in Manchester this Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #121: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-31, 60-60) vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats (22-32, 53-68) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 15th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Are Back Home Beginning Friday for Six-Game Homestand - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goats Steal a Split - Hartford Yard Goats
- 'Dogs and Yard Goats Split a Twinbill on Wednesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves win series with 5-4 comeback in 10 - Reading Fightin Phils
- First Place SeaWolves Walk-Off in Extras - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowie Baysox Stories
- Major League Baseball Cancels 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Due to Pandemic
- Bowie Baysox Hosting MEGA Chicken Truckload Sale
- Bowie Baysox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Baysox to Postpone FunFest
- 2020 Baysox Season Delayed Due to Coronavirus