Baysox Complete 4-3 Comeback Win
BOWIE, Md. - Down 3-0 early, the Bowie Baysox stormed back to earn a 4-3 victory over the Richmond Flying Squirrels in front of 2,613 at Prince George's Stadium Thursday night.
Johneshwy Fargas opened the third inning with a solo home run to left field for the first Richmond (21-34) run in three games, while Zach Houchins and Peter Maris III double to give the guests a 3-0 lead. The Baysox (37-17) answered with a run in the fourth inning. Following an Anderson Feliz leadoff single, Jesse Valentin grounded a one-out RBI single past the dive of second baseman Jalen Miller.
The hosts completed their three-run frame with a game-tying single off the bat of Brett Cumberland. With Valentin and Ryan Ripken in scoring position, the designated hitter sent a two-run hit to center field. Both runs scored on the first multi-RBI game for Cumberland since July 20 with Class-A Advanced Frederick at Lynchburg.
The Baysox took their first lead of the night with a run in the fifth inning to jump ahead, 4-3. Mason McCoy and Feliz reached on infield singles to put runners on the corners for Carlos Perez, who drove in his fifth of the series on a bloop single to shallow left field.
Tyler Herb worked around the three-run third inning to complete five innings. The righty earned the victory, thanks to eight batters. Francisco Jimenez tossed three no-hit relief innings, while Cristian Alvarado tossed a perfect ninth to earn his ninth save of 2019. Overall, Bowie's pitching stranded 10 Squirrels on base-eight of which coming between the third and sixth innings.
Bowie hits the road for a quick weekend trip to Pennsylvania. The first of three games against the Altoona Curve, Double-A Affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, begins at 7:00 p.m. with RHP Cody Sedlock (0-1, 3.31) squaring off with LHP Domingo Robles (2-5, 4.74) at People's Natural Gas Field.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 15, 2019
- SeaWolves 1-hit Fightins in 1-0 shutout - Reading Fightin Phils
- Manning, Bullpen Combine on One-Hit Shutout - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Complete 4-3 Comeback Win - Bowie Baysox
- Crawford and Wagner Lead Rubber Match Victory over 'Ducks - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels Fall Short in One-Run Loss to Baysox - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Trenton Rally Tops RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Wins Series Finale, 12-1 - Altoona Curve
- Madden Smacks Fourth Homer in 5-3 Loss at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Blow out Curve Early - Harrisburg Senators
- Goats Take Bite out of Dogs to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ponies Silenced by Fisher Cats as Rain Shortens Series Finale - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Four Firework Shows, '79 Pirates Celebration up Next at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
- Baysox Release 2020 Schedule - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Host Future Red Sox in Manchester this Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #121: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-31, 60-60) vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats (22-32, 53-68) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 15th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Are Back Home Beginning Friday for Six-Game Homestand - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goats Steal a Split - Hartford Yard Goats
- 'Dogs and Yard Goats Split a Twinbill on Wednesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves win series with 5-4 comeback in 10 - Reading Fightin Phils
- First Place SeaWolves Walk-Off in Extras - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.