Bailey Signs PTO with AHL's Charlotte Checkers
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Washington Capitals, have announced Tuesday that forward Casey Bailey has signed a professional tryout agreement with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.
The 27-year-old attacker appeared in nine games with South Carolina this season, totaling 11 points on eight goals and three assists. Bailey was among the ECHL's league leaders in many categories including goals scored (6th), plus-minus (+10, 3rd) and shots on goal (52, 3rd). The Anchorage, Alaska native has also registered points in all of South Carolina's eight road games this season
A year ago, Bailey played for Bratislava Slovan in the KHL, his first year playing outside of North America. In 2017-18, Bailey played the entirety of the season with the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers, appearing in all of the team's 76 regular season games. The forward made his NHL debut at the end of the 2014-15 season when he turned pro with the Toronto Maple Leafs and became the first-ever Penn State University alum to appear in an NHL contest. Baily also played seven games with Ottawa during the 2016-17 year. That season he was honored as an AHL All-Star when he led the Binghamton Senators with 21 goals.
In a separate transaction, the Stingrays released goaltender Billy Christopoulos from his standard player contract.
South Carolina returns home to North Charleston to begin a busy stretch when they battle the Indy Fuel on Friday night at 7:05 p.m.
- The Stingrays are hosting the team's first-ever Hockey Fights Cancer Night this Saturday! The club will raise awareness for all types of cancer & show support to those who have been affected by the disease. Tickets for the game against the Norfolk Admirals are on sale now!
Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2019-20 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
Images from this story
South Carolina Stingrays forward Casey Bailey
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 12, 2019
- Fucale Loaned to Solar Bears by Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits to Host Pucks 'N' Paws Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Condors Send Three to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Get Your Kotak Law Military Appreciation Jersey Now - Brampton Beast
- Forward Dante Salituro Returns to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 12 - ECHL
- Pecararo Recalled; Abols, Pu Assigned - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bailey Signs PTO with AHL's Charlotte Checkers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Fall to Cincinnati 4-2, for First Road Loss - Allen Americans
- Mariners Weekly: Home Ice Advantage Takes Shape - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Weekly, November 12 - Wichita Thunder
- Madsen Returns to Rush from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Send Kids Home Happy with Matinee Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fort Wayne's Szydlowski Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Fort Wayne's Szydlowski Named ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Solar Bears Announce Schedule and Promotional Calendar Changes - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears Netminder Clint Windsor Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Orlando Solar Bears
- Orlando's Windsor Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Allen - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Rays Put on Defensive Clinic in Shutout Performance
- Stingrays Top Atlanta 5-3 for 11th Road Win
- Weis Re-Assigned to Stingrays
- Rays Come up Short to Orlando in OT
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 2