Asselin Named ECHL Player of the Week
PRINCETON, N.J. - Samuel Asselin of the Atlanta Gladiators is the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for Oct. 28-Nov. 3.
Asselin scored five goals and added three assists for eight points in the Gladiators' two wins last week. He has also scored at least one point in all seven games this season for Atlanta.
"It was a good week for both the team and for me. I'm happy that I was able to help the team win. We need to keep it going, as do I," said Gladiator forward Sam Asselin.
The 21-year-old had two goals and two assists in a 4-1 win at Jacksonville on Wednesday and added a hat trick along with another assist in a 7-6 victory against Greenville on Sunday.
Under contract with Providence of the AmericanâHockey League, Asselin is second among ECHLârookies - and tied for fifth overall in the league - with 13 points, while his six goals and seven assists are tied for third among first-year players.
Prior to turning pro, Asselin tallied 200 points (82g-118a) in 247 career games in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with Acadie-Bathurst, Halifax and Shawinigan.
On behalf of Samuel Asselin, a case of pucks will be donated to an Atlanta youth hockey organization by Inglasco, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Inglasco has donated more than 41,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
The Atlanta Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league and are the Affiliate of the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for providing fun, friendly, family, affordable entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the best "Things to Do" in the Atlanta Metro area and across the North Georgia region. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.atlantagladiators.com or by calling the front office at (770) 497-5100.
Images from this story
Samuel Asselin of the Atlanta Gladiators reacts after a goal
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 5, 2019
- Steelheads Receive Cuglietta, Jago from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Jack Jenkins Traded to Utah - Indy Fuel
- IceMen Add Rugged Forward Mitch Vandergunst - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 5 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Team up with Make a Wish and South Carolina Advocates for Epilepsy this Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Record Crowd Witnesses 2-1 Solar Bears Win over IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Asselin Named ECHL Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Atlanta's Asselin Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Helvig's 44 Saves Not Enough as Orlando Edges IceMen 2-1 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Starts Busy Week Tomorrow with Kids Day Game - Wichita Thunder
- Arvin Atwal Assigned to Everblades from Milwaukee Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Weekly: Weekend Trip to Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Ted Hart Returns to Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Michael McNiven Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack's McNiven Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Tulsa - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.