Albuquerque Flips the Script as Rainiers Take Big Loss to Even Series
Tacoma, Wash. - One night after the Tacoma Rainiers matched their season-highs in runs and hits, the Albuquerque Isotopes limited Tacoma to a 1-for-12 night with runners in scoring position and responded with an 11-2 showing on Saturday night at Cheney Stadium to even the four-game series at one victory each.
After a 35-minute rain delay, right-hander Nabil Crismatt (0-1) pitched the first 3 2/3 innings for the Rainiers (4-6), allowing seven runs (five earned), on six hits and five free passes. The Colombian hurler recorded six of his 11 outs via the strikeout before being replaced by 2018 Draft selection Penn Murfee in the 4th inning.
After 2 1/3 innings of two-run baseball, Murfee was followed by righties David McKay (1 2/3 IP, 1 ER) and Matt Festa (1 1/3 IP, 1 ER), who also struggled with their command. In total, all four Tacoma pitchers allowed at least one run and the staff walked a season-worst 10 Isotopes (6-4).
Offensively, catcher Jose Lobaton tagged his third home run of the season, all coming in his last five games, while center fielder Braden Bishop and first baseman Joey Curletta each provided a pair of hits.
The Rainiers claimed game one of the four-game tilt with a 10-3 victory on Thursday, matching a season-best 13 hits and striking out a season-low three times.
Sunday's match-up between Tacoma and Albuquerque provides the first day game at Cheney Stadium in 2019 with a 1:35 p.m. PDT start. Fans are encouraged to show off their pearly whites at the first Smile Sunday of the season, presented by Smile Generation.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Tacoma Rainiers catcher Jose Lobaton
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 13, 2019
- Aviators fly over Grizzlies 6-2 on Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Albuquerque Flips the Script as Rainiers Take Big Loss to Even Series - Tacoma Rainiers
- Salt Lake Tops Sacramento - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Back in Win Column with 11-2 Victory at Tacoma - Albuquerque Isotopes
- River Cats drop close one with Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs and Dodgers Split Twin Bill - Iowa Cubs
- Bullpen Struggles in 12-7 Loss to El Paso - Reno Aces
- Dodgers, I-Cubs Split Doubleheader - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Long Ball Leads to Loss for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Fly Past Express 9-4 - Round Rock Express
- Chihuahuas Heat up Late to Take Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Smith, Saladino Even the Series for San Antonio - San Antonio Missions
- Eight-Run Fifth Shoots Memphis to 9-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers & Baby Cakes Split Piece of Saturday Twinbill - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Looking for Bullpen Improvement - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Split Twin Bill - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (3-6) at San Antonio Missions (5-4) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (3-6) at Round Rock Express (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
- Welcoming That Winning Feeling - San Antonio Missions
- Wilkerson's Effort Not Enough as Missions Drop Series Opener - San Antonio Missions
- Offense Explodes as Rainiers Rout Isotopes Before Friday Night Fireworks - Tacoma Rainiers
- Big Rally for Naught - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Open Series with 10-3 Loss to Rainiers - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Rally from Four-Run Hole to Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Duplantier's Debut Spoiled by Chihuahuas Comeback - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Sheffield Shoves, Court Belts Decisive Home Run in One-Run Tacoma Victory
- Miller Flashes Tools in Rainiers Victory against Fresno in Opener
- Court Continues to Produce, Rainiers Handed Big Defeat in Monday Finale
- Court Drives in Five as Tacoma Doubles up Reno
- Bishop Collects Two Hits But Rainiers Cannot Close Early Gap in Reno