Admirals Present Tribute To Wrestling February 21st
Wrestling Greats to Include Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Al Snow
Milwaukee, WI- The Milwaukee Admirals are pleased to announce their Salute to Wrestling Night, Sunday Feb. 21st as the team takes on the Rockford IceHogs at the Bradley Center at 4 p.m. Come out and visit pro wrestling's Christy Hemme, Al Snow, Billy Robinson and Hacksaw Jim Duggan starting at 3 p.m. as they greet fans and sign autographs outside section 211.
Hacksaw Jim Duggan began his professional wrestling career in 1979. He has fought in numerous federations and undergone several character changes, his best known being, "The American Hero." One of his most notable achievements occurred in 1988 when he became the first ever winner of the Royal Rumble. He is currently still grabbling on the independent circuit.
Billy Robinson began his wrestling career as an amateur in his native England in 1957. After great success in Europe, he moved to America in 1970 where he took the American Wrestling Association by storm and won numerous titles. He still maintains a career in professional fighting, training MMA fighters today. Robinson was inducted into the International Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2003.
Al Snow began working for the World Wrestling Federation in 1995 and by the end of the decade he was sent to compete in the Extreme Championship Wrestling federation. Since his start in WWE Snow has participated in several different leagues and matches around the country and won dozens of awards and various wrestling titles. In early 2009, Snow participated regularly in several independent promotions in the US and in independent promotions in Europe, especially the UK and Germany.
Christy Hemme began her wrestling career in September of 2004 when she was announced winner of the World Wrestling Entertainment's Diva Search. She went on the join Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in 2006 where she managed until 2008. Christy battled in singles competition for a year before transitioning to backstage interviewing in 2009, a role she currently still holds. She is also still training at different wrestling schools across the nation and wrestling on an independent circuit.
The Admirals are back in action Wednesday when they travel to Cleveland to battle the Lake Erie Monsters. Milwaukee's next home game is Friday, February 12 at 7:00 pm versus the Rockford IceHogs. Fans can order tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of ten or more people receive a minimum of $2 off of each 200-level ticket. For more information or to order group tickets call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2010
- Late Goal Lifts Wolves Past Peoria, 4-2 - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins Take 2-1 Win In Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Hold Off Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Thrashers Assign Vishnevskiy To Wolves After Acquiring Him For Lehtonen - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Snow Rivermen, 4-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Dallas Trades Vishnevskiy To Atlanta - Texas Stars
- Wolves Snow Fans The Love - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Recall Boedker And Hoggan From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Albany Out For Revenge Against Binghamton & Hershey - Albany River Rats
- Moose Re-Assign Taylor Ellington To Salmon Kings - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Release Rankin From PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Oklahoma City Joining AHL In 2010-11 - AHL
- Mercury Recording Artist Jessie James To Perform National Anthem At Mirabito Outdoor Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Continue Homestand With Critical Games - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Weekly: Week Of Feb. 8, 2010 - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Announce Transactions Headed Into Crucial Game Tomorrow Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues February 10th At Nibsy's Pub - Syracuse Crunch
- Best Buy Kids' Day Game Scheduled For Feb. 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Single-Game Attendance Record in Sight - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Player Movement - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Yonkman, Wilson Recalled By Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Cast Your Pirates Hall Of Fame Ballot Today - Portland Pirates
- Admirals Present Tribute To Wrestling February 21st - Milwaukee Admirals
- B-Sens Recall Dansereau, Lowry And Spencer From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Announce 2010 Reading Power Play Winners - Rochester Americans
- Panthers Recall Oreskovich; Reassign Calla To Florida - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Edge Heat 3-2 In Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.