B-Sens Weekly: Week Of Feb. 8, 2010
Friday, Feb. 5: Albany 3, Binghamton 4
Shots: Albany 30, Binghamton 38
PP: Albany 1 for 4, Binghamton 0 for 2
The B-Sens remained undefeated against the River Rats, beating Albany 4-3 last Friday. Mike Brodeur started between the pipes for Binghamton after returning from the parent club in Ottawa earlier that week and went on to make 27 saves to help lead his team to victory. Forward Ryan Keller had a three point night (one goal, two assists), while captain Denis Hamel (two goals) and Martin St. Pierre (two assists) each recorded two points. Defenseman Craig Schira rounded out the scoring for the B-Sens.
Saturday, Feb. 6: Rochester 5, Binghamton 4
Shots: Rochester 37, Binghamton 57
PP: Rochester 1 for 6, Binghamton 3 for 7
Despite setting a season high in power play goals scored (three) and breaking the all-time B-Sens record for most shots on goal in a single game (57), the B-Sens were unable to solve the Amerks and fell to Rochester 5-4. The loss added insult to injury as the B-Sens lost both Denis Hamel and Jeremy Yablonski to injuries in the first period. Josh Hennessy tallied two goals, while Erik Condra and Derek Smith each recorded two assists in the contest. Kaspars Daugavins and Zack Smith also registered goals for the Senators. After allowing four goals on 16 shots, Mike Brodeur left the game in favor of Chris Holt in the B-Sens' net. Holt stopped 20 of 21 shots faced in the losing effort.
Standings: The B-Sens are seventh place in the East division (44 points)
Wednesday, Feb. 10 vs. Albany River Rats (Carolina Hurricanes)
Saturday, Feb. 13 @ Albany River Rats
The B-Sens face the Albany River Rats twice this week. The River Rats remain in second place in the East Division at 59 points (27-19-3-2). The B-Sens enter this week's game undefeated against the River Rats. Binghamton recorded a 2-0 win versus Rats in Albany on Nov. 4, earned a commanding 4-1 victory against the Rats at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena on Nov. 21 and defeated them last Friday 4-3. Ryan Keller (three goals, three assists) and Martin St. Pierre (one goal, four assists) continue to hold the scoring edge over the Rats.
Friday, Feb. 12 @ Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh Penguins)
The B-Sens travel to Wilkes-Barre to take on the Penguins for the fifth of eight meetings between the teams. Binghamton enters the week chasing the Baby Pens who currently sit at sixth place in the East Division with 48 points (23-25-1-1). The teams last met Jan. 15 at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, 3-0 shutout victory for the B-Sens that saw the Senators' leading scorer Ryan Keller tally three points (two goals, one assist). The Penguins enter the week with a record of 3-7 in their last ten games.
Sunday, Feb. 14 vs. Rochester Americans (Florida Panthers)
The Amerks make a return visit to the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena this Sunday for a Valentine's Day tilt. The B-Sens will be seeking revenge on Rochester, who holds the upper hand on Binghamton this season winning four of five games between the two teams. The B-Sens will be looking to stifle forward Jamie Johnson who is currently tied for sixth overall in the American Hockey League in scoring (19 goals, 32 assists for 51 points). Johnson has five goals and three assists versus the B-Sens in five games played.
Ryan Keller, for the second consecutive week, earned Binghamton's nomination for the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week. For the week ending February 7 Keller led the offense for the B-Sens putting up four points in two games played (one goal, three assists). He had a three point night - his third of the season - Friday, Feb. 5 versus Albany recording one goal and two assists. The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan native enters the week leading the B-Sens in points (43), goals (22) and game winning goals (5).
Denis Hamel's second goal of the game on Friday, Feb. 5 versus Albany was not only the eventual game winner as the B-Sens went on to defeat the River Rats 4-3, it was also his 200th goal as a Binghamton Senator.
Jeremy Yablonski's seven penalty minutes against Albany on Friday, Feb. 5 helped push him into third place all time on the B-Sens. Yablonski currently has 559 penalty minutes all time as a Binghamton Senator and trails only Danny Bois (968) and Brian McGrattan (1051).
The Binghamton Senators have launched their official Facebook fan page! Check out The Official Binghamton Senators Fan Page at www.facebook.com and become a fan today to connect with B-Sens fans worldwide and have access to up-to-the-minute news, exclusive pictures, B-Sens' Twitter and the Binghamton Senators YouTube Channel.
The Binghamton Senators are selling tickets for the upcoming Mirabito Outdoor Classic versus the Syracuse Crunch at the Grandstand at the New York State Fairground on Feb. 20 at 1 p.m. Tickets are $30 and $40. Fans can place their orders by calling the Binghamton Senators at 607-722-7367 or by visiting the B-Sens executive offices, located on the third floor of the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE (Times and venues are subject to change)...
Tuesday, February 9 10 a.m. practice - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena
Wednesday, February 10 10 a.m. practice - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena
7:05 p.m. game versus Albany River Rats
Thursday, February 11 10 a.m. practice - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena
Friday, February 12 10 a.m. practice - Chenango Ice Rink
3:30 p.m. bus departs for Wilkes-Barre, P.A.
7:05 p.m. game versus Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
Saturday, February 13 2:30 p.m. bus departs for Albany, N.Y.
7 p.m. game versus Albany River Rats, Times Union Center
Sunday, February 14 10 a.m. practice - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena
7:05 p.m. game versus Albany River Rats
Monday, February 15 Day off
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2010
- Late Goal Lifts Wolves Past Peoria, 4-2 - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins Take 2-1 Win In Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Hold Off Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Thrashers Assign Vishnevskiy To Wolves After Acquiring Him For Lehtonen - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Snow Rivermen, 4-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Dallas Trades Vishnevskiy To Atlanta - Texas Stars
- Wolves Snow Fans The Love - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Recall Boedker And Hoggan From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Albany Out For Revenge Against Binghamton & Hershey - Albany River Rats
- Moose Re-Assign Taylor Ellington To Salmon Kings - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Release Rankin From PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Oklahoma City Joining AHL In 2010-11 - AHL
- Mercury Recording Artist Jessie James To Perform National Anthem At Mirabito Outdoor Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Continue Homestand With Critical Games - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Weekly: Week Of Feb. 8, 2010 - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Announce Transactions Headed Into Crucial Game Tomorrow Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues February 10th At Nibsy's Pub - Syracuse Crunch
- Best Buy Kids' Day Game Scheduled For Feb. 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Single-Game Attendance Record in Sight - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Player Movement - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Yonkman, Wilson Recalled By Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Cast Your Pirates Hall Of Fame Ballot Today - Portland Pirates
- Admirals Present Tribute To Wrestling February 21st - Milwaukee Admirals
- B-Sens Recall Dansereau, Lowry And Spencer From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Announce 2010 Reading Power Play Winners - Rochester Americans
- Panthers Recall Oreskovich; Reassign Calla To Florida - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Edge Heat 3-2 In Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.