Griffins Take 2-1 Win In Texas
CEDAR PARK, Texas - A two-goal first period propelled the Grand Rapids Griffins to a 2-1 win over the Texas Stars at the Cedar Park Center on Tuesday.
Grand Rapids (23-28-0-1) has allowed the West Division-leading Stars (29-16-3-4) just six goals in this season's four meetings and they lead the season series three games to one.
The Griffins will continue a four-game road trip on Friday when they visit the Houston Aeros for an 8:35 p.m. EST face off at the Toyota Center.
Patrick Rissmiller got things started for Grand Rapids when he extended his point streak to five games with a power play tally just 5:46 in to the contest. Rissmiller caught a return pass from Jeremy Williams on a give-and-go play and banked a shot off Matt Climie to put the Griffins on the board. At 16:04, Francis Pare was set up perfectly by Evan McGrath at the hash mark, from where he buried a snap shot inside the left goalpost.
Daniel Larsson's shutout was spoiled with just 4:02 remaining in regulation. He got a piece of Trevor Ludwig's shot from the right point before the puck trickled across the goal line for the Stars' only mark of the night.
Larsson provided an impressive 30-save performance in the win for Grand Rapids, while Climie stopped 27 shots in the Stars' loss.
Three Stars: 1. GR Rissmiller (1 goal); 2. GR Pare (GW goal); 3. TEX Climie (27 saves).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2010
- Late Goal Lifts Wolves Past Peoria, 4-2 - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins Take 2-1 Win In Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Hold Off Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Thrashers Assign Vishnevskiy To Wolves After Acquiring Him For Lehtonen - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Snow Rivermen, 4-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Dallas Trades Vishnevskiy To Atlanta - Texas Stars
- Wolves Snow Fans The Love - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Recall Boedker And Hoggan From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Albany Out For Revenge Against Binghamton & Hershey - Albany River Rats
- Moose Re-Assign Taylor Ellington To Salmon Kings - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Release Rankin From PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Oklahoma City Joining AHL In 2010-11 - AHL
- Mercury Recording Artist Jessie James To Perform National Anthem At Mirabito Outdoor Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Continue Homestand With Critical Games - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Weekly: Week Of Feb. 8, 2010 - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Announce Transactions Headed Into Crucial Game Tomorrow Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues February 10th At Nibsy's Pub - Syracuse Crunch
- Best Buy Kids' Day Game Scheduled For Feb. 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Single-Game Attendance Record in Sight - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Player Movement - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Yonkman, Wilson Recalled By Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Cast Your Pirates Hall Of Fame Ballot Today - Portland Pirates
- Admirals Present Tribute To Wrestling February 21st - Milwaukee Admirals
- B-Sens Recall Dansereau, Lowry And Spencer From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Announce 2010 Reading Power Play Winners - Rochester Americans
- Panthers Recall Oreskovich; Reassign Calla To Florida - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Edge Heat 3-2 In Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.