Admirals Announce Transactions Headed Into Crucial Game Tomorrow Night
NORFOLK, Va. - The Norfolk Admirals today announced three transactions as they prepare for a crucial East Division matchup against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at Scope tomorrow night.
The Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL parent club of the Admirals, have signed forward Mark Parrish to one-year, two-way NHL contract and have recalled defenseman David Hale from his conditioning loan, Lightning Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Lawton announced today. Parrish has been loaned to the Admirals by the Lightning.
In addition, the Admirals have released defenseman Jamie Fritsch from his Professional Tryout Contract.
Parrish, 33, is a 5-foot-11, 200-pound forward from Bloomington, Minnesota. In 42 games with the Admirals, Parrish has 12 goals and 13 assists for 25 points. He is tied for second on the club in points and is tied for third in goals. He leads Norfolk in goals, points and plus/minus over the team's last 26 games with nine goals, 20 points and a plus- 7rating.
A veteran of ten National Hockey League seasons, Parrish has appeared in 704 career NHL games between the Florida Panthers, New York Islanders, Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild and Dallas Stars, recording 216 goals and 169 assists in those games. Parrish, who appeared in the 2002 NHL All-Star Game, was originally a third round draft pick (79th overall) of the Colorado Avalanche in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft.
Parrish appeared in 44 NHL games last season with the Stars, recording eight goals and five assists. Parrish has only appeared in 48 career AHL games between the Admirals, Sound Tigers and the Beast of New Haven, scoring 15 goals and 29 points.
Hale, 28, is a 6-foot-1, 218-pound defenseman from Colorado Springs, Colorado. He was assigned to the Admirals for conditioning on January 26. He played in four games with the Admirals during the conditioning assignment, recording a goal and two points with a plus-1 rating. He suffered a lower body injury during Norfolk's game February 3 against the Hershey Bears.
Hale has played in 35 games with the Lightning this season, recording four assists. He is second on the Lightning among defensemen with an even plus/minus rating and is third in hits with 52. He has played in two games during the month of January.
Fritsch, 24, is a 6-foot-2, 195-pound defenseman born in Odenton, Maryland. The rookie professional appeared in his first two career American Hockey League games with the Admirals and was scoreless. Fritsch has spent the majority of this season with the ECHL's Gwinnett Gladiators and has recorded two assists in 32 games.
The Admirals will continue a six-game homestand on Wednesday against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. That game will be another Family Fun Pack Night and Student Rush Night. Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 - that's a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights, brought to you by Pit Bull Energy Drink and Baxter's Sports Lounge, provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for high school and college students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night. On top of that, you get discounted food at Baxter's Sports Lounge (located right across the street from Scope) on the day of the game.
Admirals Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
For a complete schedule and details of the promotions, please visit norfolkadmirals.com or call (757) 640-1212.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit Ticketmaster online at ticketmaster.com. Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2009-10 season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2010
- Late Goal Lifts Wolves Past Peoria, 4-2 - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins Take 2-1 Win In Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Hold Off Stars 2-1 - Texas Stars
- Thrashers Assign Vishnevskiy To Wolves After Acquiring Him For Lehtonen - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Snow Rivermen, 4-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Dallas Trades Vishnevskiy To Atlanta - Texas Stars
- Wolves Snow Fans The Love - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Recall Boedker And Hoggan From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Albany Out For Revenge Against Binghamton & Hershey - Albany River Rats
- Moose Re-Assign Taylor Ellington To Salmon Kings - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Release Rankin From PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Oklahoma City Joining AHL In 2010-11 - AHL
- Mercury Recording Artist Jessie James To Perform National Anthem At Mirabito Outdoor Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Continue Homestand With Critical Games - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Weekly: Week Of Feb. 8, 2010 - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Announce Transactions Headed Into Crucial Game Tomorrow Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues February 10th At Nibsy's Pub - Syracuse Crunch
- Best Buy Kids' Day Game Scheduled For Feb. 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Single-Game Attendance Record in Sight - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Announce Player Movement - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Yonkman, Wilson Recalled By Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Cast Your Pirates Hall Of Fame Ballot Today - Portland Pirates
- Admirals Present Tribute To Wrestling February 21st - Milwaukee Admirals
- B-Sens Recall Dansereau, Lowry And Spencer From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Announce 2010 Reading Power Play Winners - Rochester Americans
- Panthers Recall Oreskovich; Reassign Calla To Florida - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Edge Heat 3-2 In Shootout - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.