Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans TonightOctober 18, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
Leddy, 19, made his National Hockey League debut on Oct. 7 in Colorado, becoming the youngest blueliner to appear in a Blackhawks season opener since 1999. He registered his first professional goal on Oct. 11 at Buffalo's HSBC Arena Center and shares third on the team with ten blocked shots in the club's first six tilts of the campaign.
Originally chosen with the 16th overall selection of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Minnesota Wild, Leddy was acquired by the Blackhawks in a trade on Feb. 12, 2010. The Eden Prairie, Minnesota, native, and 2009 Mr. Hockey Award winner in the state, ranked second among team freshmen with 11 points (3G,8A) and posted a +6 plus/minus rating in 30 games in his inaugural season at the University of Minnesota (WCHA) in 2009-10.
Next Home Game:
Friday, Oct. 22 vs. Abbotsford Heat. Game time is 7:05 p.m. The first 1,000 fans into the building will pick up an IceHogs Poster #1 in a series of six, compliments of Comcast, Q98.5 and Medicine Man.
HAGEL AND SMITH ON BUD LIGHT HOG TALK TONIGHT
Rockford, Ill.- Join Mike Peck, the voice of the IceHogs, from 6-7 p.m. for Bud Light Hog Talk at Swilligan's Pub in downtown Rockford tonight.
Peck will recap last weekend's games and look forward to the upcoming slate with Hogs assistant coach Ted Dent. Peck will also talk hockey with wingers Kyle Hagel and Ben Smith.
The show can be heard live on 1330 AM WNTA, on-line through www.icehogs.com or on Comcast Cable Channel 57.
All fans that come out to Hog Talk will have an opportunity to sign-up to win some great prizes courtesy of the IceHogs.
Swilligan's Pub is located at 200 North Church St. in downtown Rockford, just two blocks north of the Rockford MetroCentre.
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.