Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City
Taylorsville, Utah - The Iowa Wolves (18-23) couldn't hold off the Western Conference-leading Salt Lake City Stars (30-12) Saturday night, giving up a lead with 1:07 remaining and ultimately losing 102-98 on the road.
Barry Brown Jr. provided a big scoring spark for Iowa, scoring a game-high 28 points while shooting 12-of-22 from the floor. The former Kansas State standout also finished with seven rebounds and three assists in the loss.
The Wolves struggled as a team on the offensive end, converting 38.4% (38-of-99) of their shots and just 23.4% (11-of-47) of their attempts from beyond the arc.
Iowa did outrebound (64-53) and dish out more assists than the home team (30-18) in the contest.
Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Omari Spellman continued his torrid scoring pace in the NBA G League, tallying 20 points and a game-high four three-pointers.
James Webb III and Timberwolves assignee Jarred Vanderbilt each finished with a double-double for the Wolves. The Boise State forward finished with 15 points and 15 rebounds while Vanderbilt added 12 points and 18 rebounds to the box score.
Vanderbilt has now recorded 4 double-doubles in his first five games for Iowa.
The Stars were led by assignee Rayjon Tucker and two-way guard Justin Wright-Forman, who posted 22 points and 20 points respectively.
The Wolves return home for Faith & Family Day this Sunday against the Santa Cruz Warriors at 3:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Lose Overtime Thriller at Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108 - Windy City Bulls
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129 - Erie BayHawks
- Doumbouya Leads Drive to Key Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall to Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Sit at the Top in League Rankings - Stockton Kings
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8 - Long Island Nets
- Detroit Pistons Assign Sekou Doumbouya and Donta Hall to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.