BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129
ERIE, PA - ERIE, PA - A first-half, offensive landside from the BayHawks, led to a 134-129 victory over the Greensboro Swarm on Friday night.
Led by Jalen Adams, Erie (12-29) set a season-high for points scored in the first half, taking a 73-57 advantage heading to the break. In the second quarter alone, Adams tallied 20 points on 7-8 shooting, including a 6-7 clip from beyond the arc.
The BayHawks would continue to boost their lead in the second half, thanks to play from Erie guard Tony Carr. Carr notched his first double-double of the season, recording 12 points, a game-high 10 assists, a game-high four steals and four rebounds in 37 minutes.
Despite trailing by as many as 22, however, Greensboro (8-34) refused to concede. Midway through the fourth quarter, the Swarm would go on a 14-2 run, spanning two and a half minutes, to cut their deficit to just three points.
Joel Berry was a driving force behind Greensboro's comeback attempt. The former North Carolina Tar Heel notched a career-high 44 points, three assists and three rebounds in 37 minutes. Berry registered 16 of his 44 points just in the fourth quarter.
Following the Swarm's run, Zylan Cheatham would score the next nine points the BayHawks, including an and-one layup that extended their lead back to double-digits. Cheatham posted his 20th double-double of the season with 23 points, a team-high 10 rebounds, three assists and two steals in 33 minutes.
Other notables for Greensboro included Ray Spalding (15 PTS/14 REB/6-6 FG) and Thomas Welsh (18 PTS/15 REB) who both contributed double-doubles in the loss.
Following tonight's contest, the BayHawks conclude their back-to-back on Saturday night with the Canton Charge. Tip is set for 7 p.m. at Erie Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Lose Overtime Thriller at Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108 - Windy City Bulls
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129 - Erie BayHawks
- Doumbouya Leads Drive to Key Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall to Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Sit at the Top in League Rankings - Stockton Kings
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8 - Long Island Nets
- Detroit Pistons Assign Sekou Doumbouya and Donta Hall to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.