Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102
SIOUX FALLS, SOUTH DAKOTA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (20-21) fell to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (21-20) 125-102 Friday night at Sanford Pentagon, sending the Warriors to their first three-game losing streak of the season.
The Warriors got out to a slow start, falling 31-14 after the first quarter. Sioux Falls shot 64 percent in the first half to keep their distance from the Warriors and build a 70-46 lead heading into halftime.
Santa Cruz's Jeremy Pargo hit a three-pointer on the opening possession of the second half to try to get the Sea Dubs going. Santa Cruz won the third quarter 29-25 and trailed 95-75 entering the fourth, but the Skyforce continued their first half hot shooting to maintain a large lead, never letting the Sea Dubs inch closer than 17 points in the second half.
With the win, Sioux Falls moves into the seventh place in the Western Conference all by itself.
Roger Moute a Bidias picked up a new career-high with 24 points and added three rebounds. Pargo finished the game with 14 points, five rebounds and four steals, while Isaiah Reese went 6-of-10 from three-point range to finish the night with 22 points.
Miami Heat two-way Guard Gabe Vincent came off the bench and had 18 points in the first half and finished the game with 23 points (5-8 3FG) to lead the game and five rebounds. Former Golden State Warrior (2012-13) Jarrett Jack tallied 14 points and four assists.
The Warriors now head to Des Moines, Iowa to take on the Iowa Wolves at 1:00pm on Sunday to finish the three-game road trip. Fans can watch the game on NBC Sports Bay Area or stream on the MyTeams App. The Warriors return to Kaiser Permanente Arena on March 12 to take on the Oklahoma City Blue (20-19) at 7 p.m. The first 1,000 fans will receive a Hardwood Classics Blanket presented by Ticketmaster. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Lose Overtime Thriller at Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108 - Windy City Bulls
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129 - Erie BayHawks
- Doumbouya Leads Drive to Key Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall to Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Sit at the Top in League Rankings - Stockton Kings
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8 - Long Island Nets
- Detroit Pistons Assign Sekou Doumbouya and Donta Hall to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund
- Blondie Show at Kaiser Permanente Arena Canceled
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Santa Cruz Warriors Graduation Week, Presented by Santa Cruz County Bank