Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, lost at home to the Capital City Go-Go Friday night, 117-108.
In front of a packed Friday crowd for AT&T presents Believe Chicago Night and Wizards & Witches Night, Capital City started the game off on an 11-5 run but the Bulls quickly answered back by shooting .478 from the field and .500 from three-point range to grab a 26-24 lead heading into the second quarter.
It was a battle of power forwards in the first half as Simi Shittu led the way for Windy City with 13 points, five rebounds and three steals on 6-for-11 shooting, while Washington Wizards Two-Way player Johnathan Williams headed things up for the Go-Go with eight points and 12 rebounds.
The two squads toggled back-and-forth in the first 24 minutes, notching 11 lead changes and five ties.
Capital City then knocked down shots from beyond the arc on three consecutive possessions late in the second quarter to grab a 57-54 lead heading into the break.
Behind ten points from Williams in the third quarter alone, the Go-Go used a 9-3 run to close the frame with an 88-78 lead going into the fourth.
Windy City rallied to cut the lead to as little as six in the final minutes but could not overcome a 48-36 rebounding deficit, timely outside shooting, and 21 second-chance points by Capital City.
Two Go-Go player finished with double-digit rebounds including Williams with 15 to go along with 18 points and Jalen Jones with 15 rebounds, 21 points and three steals.
Shittu ended with 25 points, 13 rebounds and four steals for the Bulls. Justin Simon tallied 21 points, three rebounds and two assists.
Windy City (16-25) will travel to take on the Maine Red Claws on Sunday afternoon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Lose Overtime Thriller at Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108 - Windy City Bulls
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129 - Erie BayHawks
- Doumbouya Leads Drive to Key Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall to Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Sit at the Top in League Rankings - Stockton Kings
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8 - Long Island Nets
- Detroit Pistons Assign Sekou Doumbouya and Donta Hall to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Awarded the 2019-20 NBA G League's Promotion of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112