Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors
SIOUX FALLS, SD - Behind seven players in double-figures scoring, the Sioux Falls Skyforce was able to handle the Santa Cruz Warriors 125-102 on Friday evening at the Sanford Pentagon.
The victory for Sioux Falls (21-20) marks three in a row at home and eight-of-12 total contests.
The Skyforce jumped out to a 24-7 lead to start the game, which lasted to the 4:11 mark of the opening period. Jarrett Jack (18 points and four assists) paced Sioux Falls in the period, as he scored nine points to give the Skyforce a 17-point lead heading to the second quarter.
Sioux Falls kept the momentum going, as they outscored Santa Cruz (20-21) by seven points in the second period. Miami HEAT two-way player Gabe Vincent (23 points on 7-10 FG and five rebounds) scored 13 points in the quarter, which helped push a 70-46 lead at intermission.
The Warriors claimed the third period by four points, as they held the Skyforce to 46.7-percent shooting in the frame, marking the Force's lowest quarter percentage of the contest.
Daryl Macon (21 points on 7-12 FG and four rebounds) netted 14 points in the fourth quarter to give the Force a 3-0 season series sweep against Santa Cruz.
Joining in double-figures was Tim Quarterman (19 points, season-high nine rebounds), Angel Delgado (12 points and six rebounds), Jacobi Boykins (11 points and career-high nine rebounds) and Davon Reed (10 points and three assists).
Santa Cruz was led by Roger Moute a Bidias with 24 points on 9-of-13 shooting, while Isaiah Reese chipped in 22 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Skyforce continue play on Saturday against Midwest Division foe Memphis Hustle (26-14) at 7:00PM CT. Sioux Falls defeated Memphis 120-97 in the teams' last meeting on February 19. Santa Cruz travels to face the Iowa Wolves on Sunday at 3:00PM CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Lose Overtime Thriller at Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108 - Windy City Bulls
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129 - Erie BayHawks
- Doumbouya Leads Drive to Key Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall to Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Sit at the Top in League Rankings - Stockton Kings
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8 - Long Island Nets
- Detroit Pistons Assign Sekou Doumbouya and Donta Hall to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors