Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired former Los Angeles Clippers two-way player Angel Delgado off waivers. Delgado fills the roster spot left by Mychal Mulder's NBA Call-Up to the Golden State Warriors.
Delgado, a 6-10, 230-pound center out of Seton Hall, appeared in 44 games (43 starts) under two-way contract for the Agua Caliente Clippers last season while averaging 18.6 points, 14.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.1 blocks per contest. Delgado was named 2019 Rookie of the Year in addition to earning All-NBA G League First Team, NBA G League All-Rookie First Team, and Midseason All-NBA G League Western Conference Team honors to highlight his rookie campaign.
Prior to his professional career, Delgado appeared in 132 games (131 starts) over his four-year career at Seton Hall. In total, he averaged 12.1 points and 11.0 rebounds, highlighted by a breakout 2016-17 season as a junior in which he averaged collegiate career-bests of 15.2 points and 13.1 rebounds per game. Delgado compiled a plethora of accolades as a collegiate athlete, including Big East Rookie of the Year (2015), All-Big East First Team (2017), All-Big East Second Team (2018), and the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Best Center) Award (2018).
Delgado began the 2019-20 season by appearing in 10 games (seven starts) for Hapoel Unet Holon in both the Israeli BSL and the Champions League. In total, Delgado averaged 8.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in just over 17.1 minutes per contest. More recently, Delgado played for the Dominican Republic in the 2020 Americup Qualifiers, averaging 11.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 24.5 minutes per contest.
Delgado will wear No. 50 for the Skyforce, and is expected to be available for this weekend's back-to-back homestand against the Santa Cruz Warriors (20-20) and the Memphis Hustle (26-14) at the Sanford Pentagon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Lose Overtime Thriller at Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Give Oklahoma City the Blues - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 125-102 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108 - Windy City Bulls
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Swat the Storm, Win 134-129 - Erie BayHawks
- Doumbouya Leads Drive to Key Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall to Drive - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Sit at the Top in League Rankings - Stockton Kings
- Magic Celebrate City of Lakeland with Swans Night Theme Game - Lakeland Magic
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8 - Long Island Nets
- Detroit Pistons Assign Sekou Doumbouya and Donta Hall to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors