Wolf Pack Weekly, October 21-27
The Wolf Pack (5-0-0-1, 11 pts.) continued their unbeaten-in-regulation start to the season this past week, with a pair of one-goal wins. On Friday night at the XL Center, in the last of five straight home games to begin the year, Igor Shesterkin stopped 36 Springfield Thunderbird shots for his first North American pro shutout, in a 1-0 Wolf Pack win. Phil DiGiuseppe's second-period goal was the only scoring in that game, and DiGiuseppe posted his third game-winner in as many goals-scored Saturday night in Binghamton, capping a Wolf Pack comeback from a 3-1 deficit in a 4-3 overtime win over the Devils, in Hartford's first road game of the season. Vinni Lettieri had a goal and two assists in that game, and Joey Keane and Filip Chytil had a goal and an assist apiece.
The Wolf Pack face their first three-game weekend of the season this week, with two of the three games at home. The Wolf Pack host the Laval Rocket this Friday night, with faceoff at 7:15 PM, and then play a home-and-home with their in-state rivals the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Saturday and Sunday. The Sound Tigers come to the XL Center for a 7:00 game on Saturday night, and the rematch is a 3:00 faceoff in Bridgeport on Sunday.
Friday, October 25 vs. the Laval Rocket (Montreal) at the XL Center, 7:15 PM
- This and every Friday-night Wolf Pack home game features $1 hot dogs, and $2 draft beers and fountain sodas, through the start of the second period, presented by Nomads Adventure Quest.
- The Rocket, coached by former Wolf Pack and New York Rangers defenseman Joel Bouchard, is off to a 3-4-0-0 start, and has won three of its last four after losses in the first three.
- Laval rookie goaltender Cayden Primeau, son of former Hartford Whaler Keith Primeau, is 2-1-0 in his first three pro appearances, with only five goals-against on 87 shots (1.68 GAA, 94.3% save percentage).
- This is the first of four meetings this year between the Wolf Pack and the Rocket, and the first of two XL Center visits for Laval. The two teams split a two-game series last year, the Wolf Pack winning 3-1 in Hartford October 7 and dropping a 5-2 decision on the road October 17.
- At this and every Wolf Pack Friday or Saturday home game, fans are encouraged to come early for "Hockey Happy Hour" in the XL Center's Coliseum Club. From 5:15 PM until puck drop, a $5 wrist band gives fans access to the "Chill Zone" of the Coliseum Club, which features an appetizer buffet and $2 beers, presented by Minuteman Press.
- Tickets for this and all 2019-20 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Sunwave Gas & Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
- Broadcast - live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Saturday, October 26 vs. the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Islanders) at the XL Center, 7:00 PM
- This is the Wolf Pack's "Witches & Wizards night". There will be all kinds of Halloween fun, including trick or treating on the concourse, an intermission costume parade, and a youth backpack giveaway to the first 1,000 fans 12 or younger, courtesy of Carvel.
- This is the second encounter of the season between the Wolf Pack and their Connecticut rivals. In the first, October 6 at the XL Center, the Wolf Pack pulled out a 4-3 overtime win.
- Bridgeport has at least a standings point in three of its first five games, but only one win on the season, having gone 1-2-1-1 thus far. The Sound Tigers' last action was a 3-2 shootout loss Saturday night in their home opener vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Matt Lorito leads the Bridgeport club in points and goals through the first five games, with 3-1-4.
- At this and every Wolf Pack Friday or Saturday home game, fans are encouraged to come early for "Hockey Happy Hour" in the XL Center's Coliseum Club. From 5:00 PM until puck drop, a $5 wrist band gives fans access to the "Chill Zone" of the Coliseum Club, which features an appetizer buffet and $2 beers, presented by Minuteman Press.
- Broadcast - live with Bob Crawford and Mark Bailey on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
Sunday, October 27 at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Islanders) at Webster Bank Arena, 3:00 PM
- This is the first of six visits on the year to Bridgeport for the Wolf Pack, who were 2-2-1-0 in five games at the Webster Bank Arena last season.
- After seven of the Wolf Pack's eight games of the season were at home, this contest starts a stretch of four straight and six out of eight on the road.
- Broadcast - live with Bob Crawford on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. Video streaming at www.ahllive.com.
The Wolf Pack's home game Saturday, November 9, when the Belleville Senators visit the XL Center for a 7:30 PM start, will feature the Wolf Pack's annual "Teddy Bear Toss". Fans are invited to bring soft toys to the game, and fling them on to the ice when the Wolf Pack score their first goal. All the toys collected will be donated to Operation ELF and Toys for Tots.
On Saturday, November 16, when the Wolf Pack battle the Providence Bruins at 7:00 PM, it's "Hockey Fights Cancer Night" at the XL Center. The Wolf Pack will be teaming up with Hockey Fights Cancer to support those who are battling cancer, and their families. Also, the first 2,000 fans will receive a free Wolf Pack lanyard, courtesy of CM Concessions.
The Wolf Pack's annual "Sonar's Edu-skate" school-day game is coming up Wednesday, November 20 vs. the Syracuse Crunch, with faceoff at 11:00 AM. Lots of educational fun will be on tap throughout the day, and for information on bringing a school group to the Edu-Skate game, contact the Wolf Pack ticket office at (860) 722-9426.
Once again this season, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs, and $2 draft beers and fountain sodas, at every Friday Wolf Pack home game, through the start of the second period, presented by Nomads Adventure Quest. After this Friday, the Wolf Pack's next Friday-night home outing is November 8, when they entertain the Hershey Bears in a 7:15 PM game.
Each of the Wolf Pack's Sunday and Wednesday home games will feature the Wolf Pack's "Click It or Ticket Hat Trick Pack". The Hat Trick Pack includes two tickets, two sodas and a large popcorn, all for just $40. The next Hat Trick Pack game is the "Sonar's Edu-skate" school-day game Wednesday, November 20 vs. the Syracuse Crunch, with faceoff at 11:00 AM.
In partnership with the Hartford Chamber of Commerce, the Wolf Pack this year will be offering "Suit to Sweater Wednesdays", to wash away the mid-week work blues. Any fan showing a company ID at the Sunwave Gas & Power Ticket office can purchase Blue-Level tickets to Wolf Pack Wednesday home games for only $15 each (limit two tickets per ID). The Wolf Pack's first Wednesday home date is November 20, the 11:00 AM "Sonar's Edu-skate" school-day game vs. the Syracuse Crunch.
Wolf Pack home game tickets can be purchased at the Sunwave Gas & Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, call (860) 722-9425. To visit the Wolf Pack on line, go to www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: October 21 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week, Today: October 21 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Apollo 11 Moon Landing Jersey Golden Ticket on Sale - Bakersfield Condors
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Insider: Linking Ferguson with Binnington - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 21 - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Reassign D Jake Massie to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 21-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Utica's Nikolay Goldobin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Rocket Are Back on Tour - Laval Rocket
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa Recalls Beaudin from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Senators Sign Percy to PTO - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman K'Andre Miller