Panthers Reassign D Jake Massie to Springfield
SUNRISE, Fla. - The Florida Panthers announced today that they have reassigned defenseman Jake Massie to the Springfield Thunderbirds from the ECHL's Greenville Swamp Rabbits.
Massie skated in two games with the Swamp Rabbits and posted his first professional goal in last night's 4-3 Greenville loss to the Atlanta Gladiators. The 22-year-old defenseman made his Thunderbirds AHL debut on Oct. 11 against the Rochester Americans.
Originally a sixth-round pick (156th overall) of the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2015 NHL Draft, Massie signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Panthers on July 8. Over three seasons with the University of Vermont, Massie tallied 23 points (6g, 17a) in 95 games.
The Thunderbirds embark on another three-game weekend on Oct. 25-27 with a visit to Bridgeport on Friday (7:00 p.m.) before home tilts with Belleville on Saturday (7:05 p.m.) and Rochester on Sunday (5:05 p.m.).
For more ticket information or to become a 2019-20 Springfield Thunderbirds ticket package member, or to purchase single game tickets, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 21, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly: October 21 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week, Today: October 21 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Apollo 11 Moon Landing Jersey Golden Ticket on Sale - Bakersfield Condors
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Insider: Linking Ferguson with Binnington - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 21 - Manitoba Moose
- Panthers Reassign D Jake Massie to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 21-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Utica's Nikolay Goldobin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Rocket Are Back on Tour - Laval Rocket
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa Recalls Beaudin from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Senators Sign Percy to PTO - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly Storylines - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- Thunderbirds Foundation Donates $15,000 to the Rays of Hope
- Thunderbirds Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales Excellence
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 19-20 Season
- Springfield Thunderbirds Team up to Provide Meals to Local Hospitals
- Paul Thompson Named Springfield Thunderbirds 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year