Whitecaps FC Confirm Remaining 2021 Home Matches to be Played at BC Place
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC confirmed on Thursday that the club will play their remaining 2021 home matches at BC Place this season after the the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Minister of Immigration have approved a National Interest Exemption that outlines stringent health and safety protocols allowing for all MLS players to participate in cross-border matches.
Following this Saturday's match versus Minnesota United FC in Utah, the 'Caps will play nine of their final 15 regular season matches at BC Place, starting on August 21 against Los Angeles FC, and ending on Decision Day on November 7 versus Seattle Sounders FC.
Included in the National Interest Exemption requirements, all traveling players and staff will continue to undertake COVID-19 molecular testing prior to, and upon arrival into Canada, regardless of their vaccination status. Those individuals who are partially vaccinated, or are un-vaccinated, will be required to observe a modified quarantine. Upon receipt of a negative COVID-19 test, these individuals may participate in work activities only, including trainings and games, and are otherwise prohibited from attending other functions or places through the remainder of a 14-day quarantine period, or until they leave the country.
The announcement is made as 96% of Tier 1 individuals, including MLS players and club staff that work closely with the team, have received the vaccine.
"Vancouver is our home and we were thrilled to return to our training centre at the start of this week," said Axel Schuster, Whitecaps FC chief executive officer and sporting director. "We now have four important road matches and everyone is excited to finally get a run of home games and play in front of our faithful supporters at BC Place."
Per provincial health guidelines, capacity for the first three matches against LAFC, Real Salt Lake on August 29, and Austin FC on September 4 will be limited to just over 13,000. Season ticket members and pack holders will receive an email today for their priority seating and exclusive purchase window for tickets to the first three home matches. Single match tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, August 4 at 10 a.m. PT. There are a limited number of Kickoff Packs, which includes the first three matches back at BC Place for only $99.90.
The complete updated schedule is available at whitecapsfc.com/schedule.
For information on fan experience and new safety measures at BC Place, visit whitecapsfc.com/matchday.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 29, 2021
- Columbus Crew Travels to the Bronx to Face New York City FC Friday Night - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Announce 2021 Promotional Calendar - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC to Play Remaining 2021 Season Home Matches at BMO Field - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- CF Montréal Will Play All Remaining Home Games in Montreal in 2021 - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Canadian Clubs to Host Remaining Home Matches in Canada - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Confirm Remaining 2021 Home Matches to be Played at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Jesús Bueno - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Announces Next Round of Ticket Sales Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Summer Spotlight with Newest Chapter of "Our SoccerÃ¢ÂÂ Campaign - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Trades Dominique Badji to the Colorado Rapids - Nashville SC
- Welcome Back, Dom: Rapids Acquire Badji from Nashville - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Santiago Moreno - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Signs Argentine Attacking Midfielder Sebastián Driussi to Designated Player Contract - Austin FC
- Inter Miami Match at New York Red Bulls Rescheduled to Saturday, October 9 - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field to Host United States Men's National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica on October 13 - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls-Inter Miami CF Match Rescheduled to October 9 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Unveiled with $20,000 Donation to Black Players for Change - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Ventura Alvarado - Inter Miami CF
- Late Dotson Equalizer Earns MNUFC a Point in LAFC - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Ties Minnesota United 2-2 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Whitecaps FC to Host Frontline Heroes Appreciation Night, Presented by BMO
- 'Caps secure valuable road point against 3rd place Rapids
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Now Required at Whitecaps FC Home Matches
- 'Caps come close but fall 1-0 in Cascadia Cup derby at BC Place
- Whitecaps FC Loan Homegrown Goalkeeper Isaac Boehmer to Pacific FC