Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Friday when it travels to face Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium. The match is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on ESPN and ESPN Deportes.
For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes. MLS Media Assets can be found here.
Atlanta owns an all-time MLS record of 6-2-5 against Orlando: 2-1-3 at home and 4-1-2 on the road in the series. This will be the second of three meetings between the teams during the regular season with the third coming at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sept. 10 (7 p.m., FS1).
Interim head coach Rob Valentino returns to Orlando where he played with USL Pro club Orlando City from its inaugural season in 2011 until 2014. Valentino made 77 appearances as a center back and won three regular season USL championships and two postseason titles with the club. He was also named the 2011 USL Defender of the Year and team captain after his first season. He later served as an assistant coach with Orlando City B before joining Atlanta in January of 2018.
Josef Martinez leads Atlanta with seven career goals against Orlando, the most the Venezuelan has scored against any team.
Orlando's Tesho Akindele has scored three career goals against Atlanta while Chris Mueller has added two. Nani leads the Lions with seven goals this season.
Friday, July 30 | Exploria Stadium, Orlando, FL | 8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-5-8, 14 points) vs. Orlando City SC (7-4-4, 25 points)
TV | ESPN/ESPN Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 29, 2021
- Columbus Crew Travels to the Bronx to Face New York City FC Friday Night - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Announce 2021 Promotional Calendar - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC to Play Remaining 2021 Season Home Matches at BMO Field - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- CF Montréal Will Play All Remaining Home Games in Montreal in 2021 - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Canadian Clubs to Host Remaining Home Matches in Canada - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Confirm Remaining 2021 Home Matches to be Played at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Jesús Bueno - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Announces Next Round of Ticket Sales Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Summer Spotlight with Newest Chapter of "Our SoccerÃ¢ÂÂ Campaign - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Trades Dominique Badji to the Colorado Rapids - Nashville SC
- Welcome Back, Dom: Rapids Acquire Badji from Nashville - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Santiago Moreno - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Signs Argentine Attacking Midfielder Sebastián Driussi to Designated Player Contract - Austin FC
- Inter Miami Match at New York Red Bulls Rescheduled to Saturday, October 9 - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field to Host United States Men's National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica on October 13 - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls-Inter Miami CF Match Rescheduled to October 9 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Unveiled with $20,000 Donation to Black Players for Change - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Ventura Alvarado - Inter Miami CF
- Late Dotson Equalizer Earns MNUFC a Point in LAFC - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Ties Minnesota United 2-2 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.