Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (7-4-4, 25 points) returns to downtown Orlando for a two-game home stint, first set to take on Atlanta United FC (2-5-8, 14 points) on Friday, July 30 at Exploria Stadium. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. ET.
The match, presented by Heineken, will be nationally broadcast on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, while being transmitted on 96.9 The Game in English and Acción 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish. Tickets are available here or by calling (855) ORL-CITY.
"We're here preparing again with another quick turnaround, preparing for our match against Atlanta," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said ahead of Friday's match. "We're trying to bounce back and engage in the couple of training sessions that we have in order to be prepared for the game tactically, with our strategy too and prepare our players mentally, physically and to be ready for the game. That's our duty right now."
City will look to make it six-straight unbeaten against The Five Stripes on Friday night, holding a record of 2-0-3 in the last five fixtures against Atlanta. The two last faced off in the season opener for both sides on April 17, a match that resulted in a scoreless draw.
The Lions will look to bounce back from a road loss to NYCFC this past Sunday, with goalkeeper Pedro Gallese tallying a season-high nine saves in the contest to earn Man of the Match honors.
Nani leads the side with seven goals on the year, followed by Tesho Akindele and Benji Michel with three. Mauricio Pereyra holds the team-high in assists with six, with Nani, Akindele and Chris Mueller all totaling four to follow.
Atlanta comes into the match after falling at home to Columbus this past weekend. Jonathan Mensah scored the eventual game-winner in the 65th to give the road side all three points.
Marcelino Moreno leads the Five Stripes with three goals this year, while Jake Mulraney leads the side with the same number of assists.
Following Friday's fixture, the Lions will begin preparations for a midweek matchup with intrastate foes Inter Miami CF on Wednesday, Aug. 4 at Exploria Stadium. Kickoff for that fixture is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 29, 2021
- Columbus Crew Travels to the Bronx to Face New York City FC Friday Night - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Announce 2021 Promotional Calendar - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC to Play Remaining 2021 Season Home Matches at BMO Field - Toronto FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- CF Montréal Will Play All Remaining Home Games in Montreal in 2021 - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Canadian Clubs to Host Remaining Home Matches in Canada - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Confirm Remaining 2021 Home Matches to be Played at BC Place - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Jesús Bueno - Philadelphia Union
- Minnesota United Announces Next Round of Ticket Sales Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Summer Spotlight with Newest Chapter of "Our SoccerÃ¢ÂÂ Campaign - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Trades Dominique Badji to the Colorado Rapids - Nashville SC
- Welcome Back, Dom: Rapids Acquire Badji from Nashville - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Santiago Moreno - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Signs Argentine Attacking Midfielder Sebastián Driussi to Designated Player Contract - Austin FC
- Inter Miami Match at New York Red Bulls Rescheduled to Saturday, October 9 - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field to Host United States Men's National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica on October 13 - Columbus Crew SC
- New York Red Bulls-Inter Miami CF Match Rescheduled to October 9 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Unveiled with $20,000 Donation to Black Players for Change - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Ventura Alvarado - Inter Miami CF
- Late Dotson Equalizer Earns MNUFC a Point in LAFC - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Ties Minnesota United 2-2 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Lions Play to 1-1 Draw with CF Montréal
- Orlando City Hosts CF Montréal for Midweek Matchup
- Júnior Urso Nets Game-Winner in Lions' 1-0 Victory at FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Returns to Action at FC Cincinnati
- Daryl Dike Ranks Second in Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings