Wheeling Nailers Week In Review
Friday, February 25
Trenton 1 @ Wheeling 4
The Nailers stayed perfect against the Titans this season, increasing their season record against Trenton to 6-0-0 with this win. Ed McGrane gave the Nailers a 1-0 lead at 6:28 of the first period. Evgeny Lazarev and Cam Paddock assisted on the goal. Lazarev increased the Nailers lead to 2-0 at 8:00 of the second period with McGrane and Paddock assisting. The Titans scored their only goal of the game at 19:30 of the second period to make it a 2-1 game. Kenny Corupe, in his first game with Wheeling since January 2nd, scored an unassisted goal at 5:17 of the third period for a 3-1 Nailers lead. McGrane scored his second goal of the game at 8:30 to close the scoring. Alex Rouleau and Brendon Hodge assisted on the goal. Andy Chiodo made 33 saves on 34 shots for the win.
Saturday, February 26
Atlantic City 3 @ Wheeling 2 (OT)
The Nailers took a 1-0 lead on Atlantic City at 6:28 of the first period on an Alex Rouleau goal from Armands Berzins and Brendon Hodge. The Bullies tied the game at 19:48 of the opening period on a Paul Caponigri goal. Atlantic City took a 2-1 lead at 3:37 of the second period with an even strength goal. Kenny Corupe scored at 14:43, his second straight game with a goal, to tie the game 2-2. Steve Crampton and Ray DiLauro assisted on the goal. Neither team scored in the third period, forcing overtime. The Bullies scored at 2:04 of the overtime for the win. Joe Exter made 14 saves on 17 shots in the overtime loss.
PREVIEW OF UPCOMING NAILERS GAMES February 28-March 6
Wednesday, March 2
Atlantic City @ Wheeling 7:00p.m.
The Nailers take on the Bullies in a game rescheduled from January 7 that was postponed due to floods in the Ohio Valley. All tickets printed for the January 7 game will be honored for this game. It will be Smirnoff Ice Vegas is Calling, Get Out night with one fan winning a trip for two to Las Vegas. The Nailers are 3-1-1 against the Bullies this season.
Friday, March 4
Johnstown @ Wheeling 7:30p.m.
The Nailers host the Chiefs for the third time this season. They are 2-0-0 against the Chiefs in Wheeling this season, 3-1-0 overall. This game will be televised live locally on WTOV-9. The first 1,000 fans age 14 and younger will receive a youth hockey stick courtesy of BB&T, Clear Channel Communications and WTOV-9. The first 3,000 fans will receive a t-shirt.
Saturday, March 5
Wheeling @ Reading 7:05p.m.
The Nailers travel to Reading for the final time during the regular season. The Nailers are 3-3-2 against the Royals this season, 1-1-2 at Reading.
Sunday, March 6
Dayton @ Wheeling 5:05p.m.
The Nailers host the Bombers for Printech Team Poster Night. The first 2,000 fans will get a team poster. The Nailers are 1-1-0 against Dayton at home, 4-4-0 overall.
Nailers Player of the Week:
The Nailers Player of the Week is Ed McGrane. McGrane had three points in two games last week on two goals and one assist. McGrane scored all three of his points on Saturday in a 4-1 win against Trenton. He played a +1 for the week.
Nailers Goaltender of the Week:
The Nailers Goaltender of the Week is Andy Chiodo. Chiodo was 1-0-0 in the only game he played last week, a 4-1 win against Trenton. He made 33 saves on 34 shots for a .971 save percentage. His goals against average was 1.00.
Pack the House / White Out Night
Press Release - February 23rd 2005
Wheeling, WV The Wheeling Nailers announced today that Friday, March 4, 2005 will be their annual Pack the House/ White Out Night with all tickets priced at $7 per person on this special evening.
In conjunction with WTOV-9 the Wheeling Nailers will broadcast their home game live on Friday, March 4, 2005 at 7:30pm. The First 3,000 fans through the doors on Friday, March 4th will receive a FREE t-shirt courtesy of Elm Grove Dodge, Generations, Main Street Bank, McDonalds, McKinley Investment Group, Paull Associates, Robinson Automotive Group, Smittys Carpet, and WTOV-9. All fans are encouraged to wear their T-Shirts to create the "White Out" effect.
In addition to the t-shirt giveaway the Nailers, along with Panhandle Cleaning, BB&T Bank, The Mix 97.3, and WTOV 9 will be passing out youth hockey sticks to the first 1000 kids 14 and under through the doors of WesBanco Arena.
The Nailers host the Johnstown Chiefs at WesBanco Arena on Friday, March 4, 2005 and all tickets will be priced at $7 per person. Tickets can be purchased at the WesBanco Arena Box Office, the Wheeling Nailers office, wheelingnailers.com or ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2005
- Ron Filion Named Roadrunners Head Coach - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Wheeling Nailers Week In Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors acquire Brunelle from Dayton - Bakersfield Condors
- Birbraer Named Gulls' Player Of The Month - San Diego Gulls
- North Division Playoff Race Deadlocked - ECHL
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Two Out Of Three Marks Week For Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Checkers continue to lead East Division - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots Have Best Record In The League At 37-13-4 For 78 Points - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jeff Deslauriers Recalled by Edmonton - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots Host Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- A Dog Fight For First - Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly - Johnstown Chiefs
- Get Fed By The Storm At Max & Ermas Maumee - Toledo Walleye
- Storm weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Titans join logjam in division - Trenton Devils
- Scorers return as Condors roll up pair of wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls five games out of playoff spot - San Diego Gulls
- Royals move to within one point of first place - Reading Royals
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Gators go 1-1-2 during a roller coaster week - Louisiana IceGators
- Mississippi Registers Six-Point Week - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Pee Dee Pride Weekly - Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz
- Aces win 4-3, take over first place - Alaska Aces
- Stingrays Finish Week 2-2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.