Jeff Deslauriers Recalled by Edmonton
GREENVILLE, SC - The Greenville Grrrowl of the ECHL, proud affiliates of the Chicago Blackhawks and Edmonton Oilers, have announced that rookie goalie JEFF DESLAURIERS has been recalled by the Edmonton Road Runners. Deslauriers played nine games with Greenville, going 7-1-1 with a 1.62 goals-against average and a .957 save percentage. He will be in the lineup for Edmonton when the Road Runners visit the Cleveland Barons on March 1st, at 7 p.m.
After playing three seasons with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens of the QMJHL, Deslauriers was selected by the Edmonton Oilers as the first pick of the second round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft (31st overall). The St. Jean-Richelieu, PQ, native played 12 games earlier this season with the Road Runners from October through December. With Edmonton, Deslauriers posted a 4-7-1 record with a 2.86 goals-against and a .916 save percentage.
Deslauriers was sent to Greenville on February 7th, and played in his first ECHL game four days later. He recorded his first Grrrowl win that night, beating the Pee Dee Pride in Florence, SC, 3-2 in a shootout. Deslauriers was in goal again the next night, as Greenville defeated Augusta in overtime. After a 3-1 victory against Louisiana on February 15th, Deslauriers suffered his only loss, falling to Columbia 2-1 on February 17th. The 20-year-old bounced right back, beating Gwinnett, South Carolina, Charlotte and Pee Dee, with the 3-0 victory over Charlotte marking his first professional shutout. In his last start on February 27th, Deslauriers stopped 41 shots in a 3-2 shootout loss in Augusta, GA.
Deslauriers leaves the ECHL leading the league with a .957 save percentage. He joins former Grrrowl players Martin St. Pierre, Mike Morrison and Brent Henley, who are now all regulars in the Edmonton lineup.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2005
- Ron Filion Named Roadrunners Head Coach - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Wheeling Nailers Week In Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors acquire Brunelle from Dayton - Bakersfield Condors
- Birbraer Named Gulls' Player Of The Month - San Diego Gulls
- North Division Playoff Race Deadlocked - ECHL
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Two Out Of Three Marks Week For Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Checkers continue to lead East Division - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots Have Best Record In The League At 37-13-4 For 78 Points - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jeff Deslauriers Recalled by Edmonton - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots Host Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- A Dog Fight For First - Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly - Johnstown Chiefs
- Get Fed By The Storm At Max & Ermas Maumee - Toledo Walleye
- Storm weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Titans join logjam in division - Trenton Devils
- Scorers return as Condors roll up pair of wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls five games out of playoff spot - San Diego Gulls
- Royals move to within one point of first place - Reading Royals
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Gators go 1-1-2 during a roller coaster week - Louisiana IceGators
- Mississippi Registers Six-Point Week - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Pee Dee Pride Weekly - Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz
- Aces win 4-3, take over first place - Alaska Aces
- Stingrays Finish Week 2-2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.